/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & Steal
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/4/02 8:08 p.m.

If this level seems vaguely familiar, it’s because it was laid out by Tim Thomas, the same guy who designed Hex Level 73. As in that level, getting to your objective is fairly easy – it’s getting back that’s difficult. It’s best to heed Durandal’s words:

This power facility is a masterpiece of engineering, so much so that its difficult to imagine that any feebleminded Pfhor engineer conceived or constructed it. Stay as close to the core as you can. Stray too far and you'll get lost.

If you do stray or choose to explore, check out my Rubicon Secrets Guide for some hints on how to survive. Trust me, there really is no reason to explore this level (of course I did – I had to for the secrets guide and, besides, I love exploration). I’d love to philosophize more about this level, but it’s really just one big maze. There is a new monster that you may meet here, however. You’ll recognize the Chamberlain when you see one – they’re unlike any other Pfhor you’ve ever seen. They won’t harm you, but they will strip your shields and they just won’t get out of your way, leaving you very vulnerable. You have to shoot these buggers – they’re totally immune to energy weapons.

Once you do make it back to the one and only terminal on this level, Durandal will transport you to Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt – the beginning of the endgame for defeating the Pfhor empire.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealSteve Levinson 7/4/02 8:08 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealInverted Sock Puppet 7/7/02 3:43 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealSteve Levinson 7/8/02 7:40 a.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealInverted Sock Puppet 7/9/02 4:02 a.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealAgent Cletus 7/7/02 8:11 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealInverted Sock Puppet 7/7/02 9:47 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealAgent Cletus 7/8/02 5:34 a.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealSteve Levinson 7/8/02 7:02 a.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealInverted Sock Puppet 7/9/02 3:55 a.m.
                       Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealCallie21V 7/24/02 7:42 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Beg, Borrow & StealSteve Levinson 1/15/03 6:26 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.