/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: How do I do this in Forge?
Posted By: LunairDate: 7/3/02 9:33 p.m.

In Response To: Re: How do I do this in Forge? (Don Pistola)

: Oh, OK, I think I see what it is you can do- you can change the damage flash
: TYPE, just not the actual flash itself. But you can do it in Fux!, which
: is good enough for me. ~_^

I don't think it's quite that cut-and-dry…

What you can do in Anvil is uncheck the "Nuclear Hard Death" flag.

Anvil's built-in help says this about that flag: "If this flag is set, the character will create a special "nuclear explosion" effect when it hits the ground."

Hakvil's is a bit clearer, saying "If this flag is set, the character will explode in a giant flash when it dies a hard death."

See, the Juggernaut also has another, vital, flag set: the Delayed Hard Death flag. This 'un makes it so that the character will play its soft death sequence as it falls, and the hard death sequence on impact. It's generally used for flying fellows, as I don't believe to have any effect if the monster died on the ground.

I think that Fux! simply allows you to mess with the flags and data fields that, for whatever reason, were never included in Forge and Anvil (like, for instance, the sounds played in/over the different media, the rate at which platforms damage you, et cetera. I DON'T think, however, that the white flash from a Nuclear Hard Death is Fux!-able, as it may very well be hard-coded into the game (remember, the flash shows on EVERYONE'S screens in the whole level, regardless of obstructions, and the flash itself doesn't damage you).

I think you, Ernie, might want to create an monster that:
is kamikaze, has no attacks, is (subtly) invisible (so it doesn't show up on the motion senser), has no sequences (or uses sequences that are simply a single frame of a pure blue pixel), and shrapnel damage of a type to which everyone besides the Bobs are immune.
Then you should make the Bobs' hard death be the teleport sequence, and I you should be set. Note well, however, that if you want the Bobs to fight, you should probably make the aforementioned Bobs out of some other monster you don't use on that level, and use the unmodified Bobs to do any fighting (this is so that the Bobs can die hard deaths without using the Teleport sequence).
Finally, in Forge, place the invisible kamikaze suckers next to the Bobs, and have them be activated right away. There! I think that is all you need: those Bobs should all beam up, with a little help from some high explosives.
You may have to modify it slightly, as I made this up without testing anything, so it may not work quite as planned. But hey! It's Marathon, and even the battleroids are Mark IV! (w00t!)

Hope that helped!

-Lunair

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

How do I do this in Forge?Ernie 7/2/02 1:52 p.m.
     Re: How do I do this in Forge?Mark Levin 7/2/02 6:58 p.m.
     Re: How do I do this in Forge?Johannes Gunnar 7/3/02 4:16 a.m.
           Found the website.... *NM*Johannes Gunnar 7/3/02 4:17 a.m.
                 Can´t find server! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *NM*Johannes Gunnar 7/3/02 4:20 a.m.
           Re: How do I do this in Forge?Don Pistola 7/3/02 2:27 p.m.
                 Re: How do I do this in Forge?Johannes Gunnar 7/3/02 3:57 p.m.
                 Re: How do I do this in Forge?Don Pistola 7/3/02 3:58 p.m.
                       Re: How do I do this in Forge?Lunair 7/3/02 9:33 p.m.
                             Re: How do I do this in Forge?Don Pistola 7/4/02 6:58 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.