/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

How do I do this in Forge?
Posted By: ErnieDate: 7/2/02 1:52 p.m.

I'm trying to get a group of Bobs to, at the start of a level, teleport out.
I'm taking the approach of having them all triggered by the GOAL setting, which causes them to Run to GOAL type polygons and transport out.

Problem is, I can't get a trigger that will case them to do just that... teleport out. The marine begins the level in a docking bay control room (a small room with 1 bob in front of a terminal) kill the bob, view the terminal, and its info about transport. I'm trying to get them to teleport out after logout, or sometimes DURING the viewing of the terminal.

If a monster is triggered by a Goal... and if the level its in is a 'Repair' level - (certain switches marked as REPAIR switches have to be hit in order for any Terminals with the #FINISHED tag to appear, thus giving a exist to the level..) - do I have to have those switches thrown in order to have this group of BOBS teleport out THEN?

Dammit anyway... why couldn't have Bungie implemented scripting like in Myth within Marathon itself? I know AlpheOne has something like that... but then my scenario will have to be FOR Alpheone... and it causes a whole bunch of weird errors while playing AO that DON'T occur when using the base Infinity App.

If anyone has some ideas on how to get a group of monsters to Teleport on command (through the use of polygon types, dual monster triggers, terminal tags of some sort the #TAG n terminal command... anything! -Let me know.

Thanks everyone,
-Ernie

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

How do I do this in Forge?Ernie 7/2/02 1:52 p.m.
     Re: How do I do this in Forge?Mark Levin 7/2/02 6:58 p.m.
     Re: How do I do this in Forge?Johannes Gunnar 7/3/02 4:16 a.m.
           Found the website.... *NM*Johannes Gunnar 7/3/02 4:17 a.m.
                 Canīt find server! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *NM*Johannes Gunnar 7/3/02 4:20 a.m.
           Re: How do I do this in Forge?Don Pistola 7/3/02 2:27 p.m.
                 Re: How do I do this in Forge?Johannes Gunnar 7/3/02 3:57 p.m.
                 Re: How do I do this in Forge?Don Pistola 7/3/02 3:58 p.m.
                       Re: How do I do this in Forge?Lunair 7/3/02 9:33 p.m.
                             Re: How do I do this in Forge?Don Pistola 7/4/02 6:58 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.