/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Anvil was forged by Lucifer himself...
Posted By: ErnieDate: 6/20/02 10:43 p.m.

I've been transferring the frames of animation for the UESC juggernaut Ian created for Marathon:Red into the shapes file of Rubicon (I can assume A patch can be made by comparing a clean Rubicon shape file to my edited one).

BUT:

As for sequences, I cannot get a hold of the way the bitmaps numbering order dictates the way they fit themselves into a specific sequence.

If Anvil was ANYTHING to use like Amber (a 3rd party sprite editing tool for Myth and Myth II), I'd understand how to direct a bitmap (or a series of bitmaps) to be in a specific sequence.

However,
I've tried C+P'ing the frames of the UESC juggernaut from the M:Red shapes file into the altered Rubicon one (same CULT, same Juggernaut collection). This works well. Until I try to get specific frames to fit with a sequence that is.

Anvil may be good for those who have been using it for years, but I've not tried to alter the sequences before. That and the use of Amber's drag-and-drop interface has spoiled me.

Can anyone point to some good online documentation for Anvil, specifically sequence editing, and general bitmap placement within a sequence? Anvil's manual is horribly basic. >:-|

On an unrelated note, anyone have a specific Codec that they prefer when downloading an AVI from the net? I've got my two new Marathon 3d movies finished and encoded, (in MPEG-1), but the quality is really horrible. That and the original AVI, compressed with a Quicktime avi codec is just under 50 megs, but it looks great.

Is there middle ground (codec, or bit rate preference anyone?) that would achieve good image quality (enough to read text in courier font, yet not be insanely large in file size?

Thanks in advance everyone,

-Ernie

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Anvil was forged by Lucifer himself...Ernie 6/20/02 10:43 p.m.
     Re: Anvil was forged by Lucifer himself...•M 6/20/02 11:11 p.m.
           Thanks and a question...Ernie 6/22/02 3:42 p.m.
                 Re: More is better than less•M 6/22/02 5:37 p.m.
     Re: Anvil was forged by Lucifer himself...Mark Levin 6/21/02 12:53 a.m.
           Re: Anvil was forged by Lucifer himself...Dan Aris 6/21/02 8:53 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.