/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Help with uplink switches in Forge!
Posted By: ErnieDate: 6/3/02 8:35 p.m.

Ah! Dear GOD Forge is driving me insane...

Ive been trying for the past 5 hours to get a 'repair chip' (or even a s'pht card' item) to be accepted into a switch thats a 'repair switch' type in forge. Ive tried:
-placing the inactive texture as the main texture,
-vice versa with the active texture
-Making sure that the level type is 'repair' and its checked as a Solo level,not a net one.
-i've tried making the chip native to the level the level the uplink switch is in,
AND
-ive tried making the chip be carried over from the past level,
-I've tried copying the exact options as found in other actual Marathon levels, and still to no avail!
I'm trying to , eventually:
-have this uplink trigger a door (platform) which ive designated 'Tag 1' (both on the switches end, and in the platforms options).

Any, while I have the forums attention (I hope):
-How do I trigger a effect as seen in Rubicon where:
*as a 'page' in a terminal is 'turned', it causes a juggernaut explosion? It happens in the level 'Blasting CHerries' or 'Suckin Cherries'.. I forget which is the real level, and which is the secret one.

-How, also, and what formats [compression, etc] are needed to put a movie in place of a chapter screen, or ending screen?
Is there also a special way of linking it into the level,. such as with a chaper pic?

damn, I wish there was a way to view the terminal TEXT (how it looks prior to merging a level)... it would answer alot of my questions about terminal editing. :)

-Ernie
[working away on level 3 of 'Where Monsters Are In Dreams" mini scenerio]

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Help with uplink switches in Forge!Ernie 6/3/02 8:35 p.m.
     Re: Help with uplink switches in Forge!goran 6/4/02 2:16 a.m.
     Re: Help with uplink switches in Forge!Mark Levin 6/4/02 10:00 a.m.
           Re: Help with uplink switches in Forge!zudo 6/4/02 12:29 p.m.
           Re: Help with uplink switches in Forge!REB 6/5/02 2:49 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.