/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: MUSICA FERROQUE
Posted By: whocaresDate: 5/20/02 7:48 p.m.

In Response To: MUSICA FERROQUE (paolo)

I've never played M1, but only the M2 and Infinity demos. The idea of music in the bkgnd sorta makes me think of Doom (which I beat). You know where the theme music is all a bunch of MIDI crap, but still 16-bit sound at all is better than what my computer can't produce. **sigh** LC 475, almost the same as mine being a Performa 630 series. At least I have the best processor of it's kind-- without an FPU. An 68LC040, which is meant for 66MHz, but not overclocked, so it's the same f***in' speed of the bus, 33MHz. I always use 16-bit color -- which again is the limit to the old Mac.

I also had 4MB of RAM with the Connetix extension. I still remember one time, where the computer slowed down to the point where I could see every pixel being drawn one-at-a-time because..... RAM Doubler sucks! Another time, when using AOL, after installing an additional 16MB without taking the INIT out of the system folder, it just shutdown (power: off) without warning. I guess it's because since the limit of the computer is 36MB, 20MB * 2 is over. I now use virtual memory, which seems to be better than the extension which I got rid of completely.

Anyway, M1 or M2/MInf... Marathon seems to be the fastest game (at low-res) that has a high 3D-quality to it. Another thanks to Bungie for coming up with the engine in the first place.

Ah... who cares.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

MUSICA FERROQUEpaolo 5/20/02 3:47 p.m.
     Re: MUSICA FERROQUEMark Levin 5/20/02 3:59 p.m.
     Re: MUSICA FERROQUEYossarian 5/20/02 4:15 p.m.
     Re: MUSICA FERROQUECallie21V 5/20/02 4:19 p.m.
           Re: MUSICA FERROQUEM-Class 5/20/02 4:30 p.m.
                 Re: MUSICA FERROQUE•M 5/20/02 5:16 p.m.
     Re: MUSICA FERROQUEwhocares 5/20/02 7:48 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.