/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

MUSICA FERROQUE
Posted By: paoloDate: 5/20/02 3:47 p.m.

I remember playing Marathon 1.0 on my LC475 - patch for 1.2 was yet to come - the poor mac had 4 meg (8 with connetix ramdoubler), 256 colors and a 250hd... well, I used to play at low res, 75% window on 640*480 but definitely with background music ON!
I used to play it in the dark, the 475 connected to my stereo. I was SO immersed into that moody music and into the game that every time a pfhor came running across the corner I had an heart attack. I actually jumped back on my seat.
That music actually WAS 50% of the Marathon gaming experience, it gave the mood, it definitely was an asset to the game. I am grateful to all the guys who wrote it and also to the ones who produced the most recent mp3 versions.
I mean, what would have been Marathon without that music?

And now the big question: Why did M2 and Moo came WITHOUT background music?!? Why did they just feature the f***ing ambient sounds? I mean, they were cool, ok, but that was completely another game. M1 was a "movie", M2 and Moo were "videogames". Why did Bungie traded bkg music for ambient sounds?!?
I would have traded the ambient sounds for a new soundtrack.
Ok, we had the Power Of Seven songs, and they were cool, but that was that!
It took years, I know, but finally I want hereby to OFFICIALLY COMPLAIN WITH BUNGIE BECAUSE OF THE MISSING BKG MUSIC IN M2 AND MOO!!!!

I'd like to know what you guys think.

Paolo (italian kind of pizza)

PS: Isn't there a way to patch bkg music on M2 and Moo, as done for M1A1? Would somebody write new tracks and use them for M2 and Moo?

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

MUSICA FERROQUEpaolo 5/20/02 3:47 p.m.
     Re: MUSICA FERROQUEMark Levin 5/20/02 3:59 p.m.
     Re: MUSICA FERROQUEYossarian 5/20/02 4:15 p.m.
     Re: MUSICA FERROQUECallie21V 5/20/02 4:19 p.m.
           Re: MUSICA FERROQUEM-Class 5/20/02 4:30 p.m.
                 Re: MUSICA FERROQUE•M 5/20/02 5:16 p.m.
     Re: MUSICA FERROQUEwhocares 5/20/02 7:48 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.