/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Apple, Microsoft, Bungie.
Posted By: Aaron GaponoffDate: 5/6/02 4:53 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Apple, Microsoft, Bungie. (REB)

I remember way back in the way-day, prior to the release of Oni, on a Bungie TV episode (heh, yeah, remember that?) Was either at a Macworld, or an E3. Well there was an interview with some lady from Apple, involved with gaming community. She stated that Apple would be pushing support directly to gaming developers to promote more titles on the Mac. And they would be working to push hardware found on the Mac to be more Gamer-friendly.

Of course that was then and this is now. It does seem that the stuff sure did hit the fan on Apple's effort with the acquisition of Bungie. I mean say what you will but Bungie was the title that was a flagships so to say among the Mac gaming community. Although Bungie now in hands of the Evil Empire doesn't necessarily prevent them from making games on the Mac, it sure as hell hinders them (kudos to the X-Box), and that can't be argued. And it was one hell of a symbolic loss to the Mac/Marathon community.

It is a good point to have raised though, is what the hell was Apple doing, was their head in a paper bag? I mean to let Bungie just go, without some sort of prior knowledge requires some form of negligence. How, or on whose part, i really don't want to try pointing fingers. I am still saddened by what has happened; call it a worst-case scenario in some aspects. However, I do live in the Seattle area, which means the irradiating power of Bungie lies near. (But they have yet to let me visit, especially since my friend Jim Ruiz no longer works for Bungie) :(

Tru7h is a tasty morsel

-Aaron Gaponoff

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Apple, Microsoft, Bungie.Paolo 5/6/02 9:27 a.m.
     Re: Apple, Microsoft, Bungie.Mark Levin 5/6/02 10:00 a.m.
           Re: Apple, Microsoft, Bungie.REB 5/6/02 11:19 a.m.
                 Re: Apple, Microsoft, Bungie.Aaron Gaponoff 5/6/02 4:53 p.m.
                       Re: Apple, Microsoft, Bungie.Mark Levin 5/6/02 5:39 p.m.
                             Re: Apple, Microsoft, Bungie.Djof 5/6/02 7:09 p.m.
                                   Re: Apple, Microsoft, Bungie.Rincewind MoG 5/6/02 7:12 p.m.
                                         Re: Apple, Microsoft, Bungie.Lunair 5/6/02 8:08 p.m.
                                               Re: Apple, Microsoft, Bungie.Dan Aris 5/6/02 8:50 p.m.
                                                     Re: Apple, Microsoft, Bungie.Mark Levin 5/6/02 11:11 p.m.
           Re: Apple, Microsoft, Bungie.Cameron K 5/7/02 3:13 p.m.
                 Re: Apple, Microsoft, Bungie.Tru7h 5/7/02 3:34 p.m.
                       Re: Apple, Microsoft, Bungie.Dan Aris 5/8/02 6:10 a.m.
                             Re: Apple, Microsoft, Bungie.Tru7h 5/8/02 3:02 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.