/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Pfhor weapons advances M1 -> M2
Posted By: LunairDate: 4/21/02 1:01 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Pfhor weapons advances M1 -> M2 (Rincewind MoG)

My biggest gripe has always been that the Pfhor went from alien-looking guys (perhaps insectoid, perhaps not) to what could, in many cases, have been humans in costumes.
Some of the new guys do look cool: the new Enforcers look reasonably nifty, I guess, though they still could be Bobs with funny heads (in a suit, of course). While I'd agree the Juggernauts look Big-n-Scary, and look cool to boot, they don't look as alien, and instead of huge claws that flipped as they fired their machine guns (more dangerous, though perhaps less intimidating), they got medium-sized claws that didn't do much. They now look more like big, metal blimps than gargantuan beasts of war.

Going along with the pfhear tactics the Pfhor seemed to employ after their bout with the Marathon, the new weapons do seem to be more along the lines of conventional, terror-inspiring weapons of slavers, rather than utilitarian weapons meant to kill: flashy, spinning discs of flame that take a long time to reach the target do seem a bit more intimidating to all onlookers than things that simply cause damage to the target.

Or perhaps I'm looking too deeply.
Nah. :p

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pfhor weapons advances M1 -> M2Steve Levinson 4/20/02 11:39 a.m.
     Re: Pfhor weapons advances M1 -> M2:: Beer Can :: 4/20/02 11:54 a.m.
           Re: Pfhor weapons advances M1 -> M2Mark Levin 4/20/02 12:24 p.m.
                 Re: Pfhor weapons advances M1 -> M2:: Beer Can :: 4/20/02 4:22 p.m.
                       Re: Pfhor weapons advances M1 -> M2Lunair 4/20/02 11:13 p.m.
                             Re: Pfhor weapons advances M1 -> M2Steve Levinson 4/21/02 1:02 a.m.
                                   Re: Pfhor weapons advances M1 -> M2Mark Levin 4/21/02 1:45 a.m.
                             Re: Pfhor weapons advances M1 -> M2:: Beer Can :: 4/21/02 2:44 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhor weapons advances M1 -> M2Hamish Sinclair 4/21/02 10:03 a.m.
                             Re: Pfhor weapons advances M1 -> M2:: Beer Can :: 4/21/02 11:40 a.m.
                 Re: Pfhor weapons advances M1 -> M2Rincewind MoG 4/21/02 10:48 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhor weapons advances M1 -> M2Lunair 4/21/02 1:01 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.