/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Marathon maps in interactive SVG *LINK*
Posted By: fracaiDate: 8/21/22 7:50 a.m.

While playing "By Committee" and referencing the Spoiler Guide, I needed something with more detail. Hopper's maps on Lhowon.org are great, but made me realize I wanted to hide polygons by elevation. Again, Hopper to the rescue with a lot of ground work that converts the map data to XML. I took that and created SVG versions with JavaScript controls.

You can filter by elevation, show hidden lines, switches, panels, item and monster locations, and also switch and trigger lines identifying what they activate (lights and liquids can get a bit noisy).

There's still work I want to do (like correctly labeling friendlies as appropriate for each map and better zooming), but it's functional.

The source is available and I'd love to hear any feedback and especially any pull requests.

https://github.com/fracai/marathon-svg

And thanks again to Hopper who provided the map parsing that was a great jump start.

Marathon in SVG

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon maps in interactive SVG *LINK*fracai 8/21/22 7:50 a.m.
     Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVG *LINK*W'rkncacnter 8/21/22 4:29 p.m.
           Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGfracai 8/21/22 7:17 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGW'rkncacnter 8/21/22 7:37 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGW'rkncacnter 8/21/22 7:43 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGfracai 8/22/22 3:24 a.m.
                                   Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGW'rkncacnter 8/22/22 9:25 p.m.
                                         Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGfracai 8/23/22 12:40 p.m.
     Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGfracai 8/23/22 7:25 p.m.
     Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGForrest of B.org 8/24/22 9:26 p.m.
           Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGW'rkncacnter 8/24/22 10:01 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGVikingBoyBilly 8/26/22 7:12 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGfracai 8/26/22 7:50 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGForrest of B.org 8/27/22 10:13 a.m.
           Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGLion O Cyborg 8/26/22 8:57 a.m.
                 Fix'd it for yaVikingBoyBilly 8/26/22 10:50 a.m.
                       Re: Fix'd it for yaLion O Cyborg 8/26/22 12:22 p.m.
                             Re: Fix'd it for yaAaron Freed 8/27/22 11:46 a.m.
                                   Re: Fix'd it for yaLion O Cyborg 8/28/22 9:49 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.