/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal X Commentary: "Dysmentria"
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 5/9/08 9:01 p.m.

In Response To: Volunteers: Eternal "Memory" L.02~L.04 (pfhore)

Level 03: "Dysmentria"

(Created by Goran Svensson. The predecessor to this level was called "Stark Raven Mad", in reference to Hathor apparently losing her mind, and of course a play on the famous Mad Hatter un-joke. The current name gets the same concept across in a cooler-sounding way. Originally, Hathor was just another AI who suddenly - and conveniently for the plot - went rampant, which I had taken in my youth to mean nothing more than "crazy", but that concept got scrapped sometime around the turn of the millenium for Hathor's much more developed current motivations. The very existence of this level in the story is still a little reminiscient of that older "crazy AI doing crazy things to you for crazy unintelligible reasons" plot, but I still thought it was a nice surprise and some good fun carnage so I kept it.)

You teleport in on the Pfhor ship. As expected, many Pfhor try to kill you. There are no terminals on this level, but there are some nice views of Tau Ceti IV and lots of Pfhor to kill. Eventually you find a transporter pad where Hunters and Troopers are beaming out to the Marathon. You follow them to Level 4: "Sahkmet Rising".

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Volunteers: Eternal "Memory" L.02~L.04pfhore 5/1/08 2:30 a.m.
     Re: Volunteers: Eternal "Memory" L.02~L.04Blake37 5/1/08 10:26 a.m.
           Re: Volunteers: Eternal "Memory" L.02~L.04Forrest of B.org 5/1/08 11:49 a.m.
                 Very nice *NM*Blake37 5/1/08 12:07 p.m.
     Re: Volunteers: Eternal "Memory" L.02~L.04Forrest of B.org 5/4/08 12:01 a.m.
           Re: Volunteers: Eternal "Memory" L.02~L.04pfhore 5/4/08 12:46 a.m.
                 Re: Volunteers: Eternal "Memory" L.02~L.04Forrest of B.org 5/4/08 12:58 a.m.
                       Re: Volunteers: Eternal "Memory" L.02~L.04pfhore 5/4/08 5:27 a.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "Septococcal Pfhoryngitis"Forrest of B.org 5/9/08 8:59 p.m.
           Thought of "Septococcal Pfhoryngitis"pfhore 6/10/08 11:35 p.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "Dysmentria"Forrest of B.org 5/9/08 9:01 p.m.
           Thought of "Dysmentria"pfhore 6/10/08 11:45 p.m.
                 Re: Thought of "Dysmentria"Forrest of B.org 6/11/08 12:49 p.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "Sakhmet Rising"Forrest of B.org 5/9/08 9:05 p.m.
           Thought of "Sakhmet Rising"pfhore 6/14/08 1:11 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.