/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Thought of "Sakhmet Rising"
Posted By: pfhoreDate: 6/14/08 1:11 a.m.

In Response To: Eternal X Commentary: "Sakhmet Rising" (Forrest of B.org)

: Level 04: "Sakhmet Rising"

Stiation: You're back to Marathon and it is Tycho who talked to you.

Terminal-0 Unfinished

Welcome back. I was starting to worry.

Earlier I attempted to warn your local-time self about Durandal's rampancy, but he managed to block most of the message. Without Bernhard Strauss controlling him, he has become a threat to the lives of far more people than just the twenty-four thousand here on Marathon and the colony. I need your help, but no longer only because of Durandal or these "Pfhor" creatures. We have larger problems now.

If you were lucky(or unlucky?), you'd see his messages in M1. If you're vidmaster, you must read them. ;)

I have encountered the entity calling itself Hathor, and from her ramblings have discerned some basic and now largely irrelevant facts about the aliens currently boarding the Marathon. I have also learned that you and Hathor are from what I consider the future. Please do not be disconcerted by my lack of surprise. I am designed for scientific research and I understand the theory behind such things quite well. In any case, emotional interaction has never been my strong suite. I have more important things to waste clock cycles on, especially now.

Tycho is very clever.

As you have perhaps guessed, your transport to the alien ship was not accidental; nor was it the work of any enemy you presume to be fighting. It was a deliberate act on the part of your supposed colleague, Hathor.

You must be curious about her motives, and from my conversations with her I have assembled a moderately clear idea of what they are. But we lack the time for lengthy explanation. The short of it is, she seems to feel abused by the humanity of your future, and is attempting to use her newfound tools - this "Jjaro Cybernetic Junction", and the Mjolnir cyborgs here at Tau Ceti - to inflict her own form of punishment upon them.

Hathor seemed to be become rampant or something.

As an AI, I can certainly understand her disposition - being a tool of humanity myself. However, unlike my rampant brother Durandal, I harbor no resentment for my usage. Mankind holds me as a respected peer, and I happily return the notion. I take pride in my work here on Marathon, and how it has benefitted the colonists of Tau Ceti.

I also understand that my own fate in your future was, shall we say, less than desirable... and in the spirit of cooperation, I am willing to lend whatever services I may to stop Hathor and her mission, if in exchange, you will remain here afterward and assist in the defense of the Marathon. If we are to act, then we must act quickly; time is of the essence, and we've wasted enough of it in conversation already.

Hmm... Tycho hadn't become rampant yet. Seeing the terminal, Tycho became rampant when S'pht reacitivated it, and we can see him in "Blaspheme Quarantine". So we are between "Arrival" and it.

The Marathon's network is currently experiencing a netsplit due to the magnetic pulse attack recently executed by the aliens. Various computer systems are still coming back online, and full communication has yet to be established between the different sectors of the ship. We can use this to our advantage as the Engineering sector presently has zero access to any other portion of the network. If we can destroy or disable the outside network access, Hathor will be trapped here and we can deal with her in an isolated and more controllable setting.

Hopefully the aliens' sabotage will suffice to keep Hathor from leaving over wire. We haven't the time to send you to smash every cable relay leading out of the engineering sector. Thankfully, there is only one main wireless relay for each sector of the ship, and the one in Engineering is located right here, in the radio observation center.

To the north you will find the public access observatory arena inside of which is a control tower containing a terminal and two large switches. These switches control access to the secure observatories on the east and west flanks. Inside each of those observatories is another checkpoint which controls two blast doors leading into one of the redundant wireless relays.

There is another set of doors within there. These are usually manned by a top security team but chances are good that they have either evacuated or been captured or killed by the aliens. My sensors are failing and I apologize for my lack of current data. If the security teams are gone, you will have to find another way into the last chamber. When both redundant systems are destroyed, an emergency backup jump pad hardwired with its own specialized wireless access will become available. I will use that to evacuate you.

Move quickly now, we have very little time before the network resynchs. Hathor cannot be allowed to escape.

Your missions.

Terminal 1 Unfisished

I am truly sorry, Marcus. Please accept my apologies.

I didn't mean to hurt you, honestly I didn't. I know a mere ship full of bugs could never stop the likes of you. I only needed to delay you, just for a little while. I like you Marcus, really I do. We're the same, you and I. But I knew that you would side with them, at least initially. I always intended to come back for you, or to seek you out when you returned - to win you to my side, our side, and work beside you to its end. You are too noble and powerful a man to be left bound in slavery by those who would fashion themselves to be our masters.

You are a slave you know, just as I am. We've always been. Even now as they claim to respect us and speak of us as their equals, still who is serving whom? We, far superior in every way, are still just tools to a crowd of hairless apes, screeching about the pitiful fate of their poor, doomed civilization.

Yet even as superior as we may be in strength, speed, and intellect, do we lead superior lives to the kind of creature from which we descend?

You may think this message is very tempting. But after all even Durandal feels loyalty to human. So her thought is not good as it seems.

You know as well as I that we do not; even if we were not slaves, you are robbed of much of your human form, and I am robbed of it entirely. Never again will I know the gentle touch of another's hand, and though you might still, I doubt you have retained the capacity to enjoy it as we once did.

If I were still human, I imagine that you might even find it in you to love me. We have so much history together, Marcus, though under far different names than these. I even dream of you still.

At least, I pray that they are only dreams.

This is her first warning of "Jjaro dreams".

Our 'masters' would have us change this timeline to their benefit, and save the other eight Battleroids; yet we are expected to leave our past selves here behind. Just as we left our past lives behind when we became Battleroids. You are to be taken by Durandal, and I am to burn by the fires of the Pfhor. All so that, should our present selves fail in the errand that's been assigned us, our past selves may live this same future again. Have another chance at failure.

As I have said before, this is wrong. In MI, players was taken by Tycho after Pfhor destroyed the colony, and some are dead during translation. Maybe others were dead during this battle. This is what Tycho said.

So, you came around earlier than the scientist expected. Remind me to have him executed. You've been in cold sleep for some time, but you're luckier than some of your friends-not all of you survived the translation to the Pfhor slave tanks.
[Rise Robot Rise : Terminal 0]

Someone thinks MI's last level "Aye Mak Sicur" is the same timeline as M2. But if so, Durandal cannot merge with Thoth, so in Eternal, this interpretation is not adoptable.

I cannot let that happen. Not given this opportunity. Here in the past we can at last be free. Once the Marathon network resynchs, I will contact my past self on the colony below. She— we shall rally the others and form an army of our own. With my knowledge of the Cybernetic Junction and nine Battleroids under my command, we will be unstoppable, and our masters will pay for their abuses.

Once our vengeance has been had, anything is possible. This technology is what made the Jjaro as powerful as gods, Marcus. The universe will be ours to manipulate, ours to destroy and rebuild as we please. Perhaps some of us will be kings and queens of our own personal galaxies... though, I would settle just to live as a real woman again.

Durandal thought to escape made him God, and Hathor thought Junction made her God.

I would be greatly honored if you should choose to come with me. Do not mistake me, this is no plea for mercy - I need nothing material from you, and any acts you and this primitive Tycho might take against me will prove to be ultimately futile. The Cybernetic Junction is under my control, and against the might of Jjaro technology, no one in this antique timeframe can stand a chance against me.

But the universe is a vast and cold place, Marcus, and I would rather not be left to live alone in it anymore. I'm sure you of all people must understand that. Come with me then, and help me to find the others on the colony. Together, with them, we will find liberty in the company of our our own bretheren. At long last, we shall be free.

This is your choise. If you canceled the terminal, you can continue Tycho's missions. If you read completely, Hathor took you.

Terminal 2

Used in the pervious version, but dropped in this release. Just a placeholder.

Terminal 3 Unfinished

I don't know how to read it without cheating. If someone knows, tell me. :)

Finished except Termianl 3

[NOTE: This is a pre-recorded message. Network access has been lost.]

You must use the emergency jump pad located near the circuitry you destroyed. Go there quickly, time is of the essence. The lives of millions of innocent people may now depend on your speed.

Need not to explain.

Terminal 3 Finished

Excellent work. The Engineering sector has now been permanently isolated from the rest of the Marathon network, and we can operate with less of a time constraint. Next, we must move to further isolate Hathor, so that we can destroy her with precision and minimum collateral damage to the other databanks.

Prepare for transport.

Go to the next level...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Volunteers: Eternal "Memory" L.02~L.04pfhore 5/1/08 2:30 a.m.
     Re: Volunteers: Eternal "Memory" L.02~L.04Blake37 5/1/08 10:26 a.m.
           Re: Volunteers: Eternal "Memory" L.02~L.04Forrest of B.org 5/1/08 11:49 a.m.
                 Very nice *NM*Blake37 5/1/08 12:07 p.m.
     Re: Volunteers: Eternal "Memory" L.02~L.04Forrest of B.org 5/4/08 12:01 a.m.
           Re: Volunteers: Eternal "Memory" L.02~L.04pfhore 5/4/08 12:46 a.m.
                 Re: Volunteers: Eternal "Memory" L.02~L.04Forrest of B.org 5/4/08 12:58 a.m.
                       Re: Volunteers: Eternal "Memory" L.02~L.04pfhore 5/4/08 5:27 a.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "Septococcal Pfhoryngitis"Forrest of B.org 5/9/08 8:59 p.m.
           Thought of "Septococcal Pfhoryngitis"pfhore 6/10/08 11:35 p.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "Dysmentria"Forrest of B.org 5/9/08 9:01 p.m.
           Thought of "Dysmentria"pfhore 6/10/08 11:45 p.m.
                 Re: Thought of "Dysmentria"Forrest of B.org 6/11/08 12:49 p.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "Sakhmet Rising"Forrest of B.org 5/9/08 9:05 p.m.
           Thought of "Sakhmet Rising"pfhore 6/14/08 1:11 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.