/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Kill Them All: a single-player community project
Posted By: RyokoTKDate: 12/13/06 12:24 p.m.

Hey, folks. I have devised a project that I think the whole mapping community can appreciate.

The project is "Kill Them All", which is a very simple single-player project. All you have to do is make extremely small, simple solo levels. Don't worry about plot, storyline, or sensibility -- there won't be any. That's not the issue here. The project will both be for fun and to test your skills as a creative mapper while limited by various obstructions.

If you're interested in the project, here are the rules:

1. All maps must use regular Infinity shapes. I want the download to be small and the project to be simple.

2. All maps must also use regular Infinity physics. Additional physics go awry more often than not, and for the sake of simplicity and consistency, please avoid this.

3. No lua or MML can be added. Again, simplicity. This is about killing monsters, nothing else.

4. No maps can exceed 100 polygons. And don't try to stretch that 100 polygons out to a normal-sized level; I want brief episodes of intense combat here. Use your 100 polygons to make cool architecture and small, complex levels -- not gigantic but horribly bland eyesores.

5. All maps must be flagged as "Extermination," "Rebellion," and "Single Player" only. Cooperative mode is not allowed, nor are any additional objectives or level types. The reasoning is manifold: one, the point of the game is simply to kill monsters. Two, Rebellion starts off each level and each mapper with a completely blank slate -- no collaboration is really needed.

6. No terminals at all. All levels must be exited by an Automatic Exit. Don't worry about proper numbering; I'll handle that.

7. There is no limit as to how many maps you can submit. That said, don't try to theme your maps, or make one flow into another, because I'll jumble up most of the maps. Similarly, don't worry about scaling difficulty. I'd like the levels hard, but not too hard -- and definitely make them beatable.

I think that's it! There's no official deadline yet... so don't worry. Take your time and make some awesome maps!

To submit them, email the map to RyokoTK@Gmail.com -- but know that, by submitting your map to me, you are agreeing that I can edit your map at will. I can also reject maps if I don't think they're very good.

Post if you're interested and wish to join! It's for fun -- not for competition.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Kill Them All: a single-player community projectRyokoTK 12/13/06 12:24 p.m.
     I knew I forgot something...RyokoTK 12/13/06 12:27 p.m.
           Re: I knew I forgot something...irons 12/13/06 1:21 p.m.
                 Re: I knew I forgot something...RyokoTK 12/13/06 1:25 p.m.
     Re: Kill Them All: a single-player community projeirons 12/13/06 4:26 p.m.
           Re: Kill Them All: a single-player community projekyjel 12/13/06 4:53 p.m.
     sounds awesome! what timeframe?MrHen 12/13/06 7:13 p.m.
           Re: sounds awesome! what timeframe?RyokoTK 12/13/06 7:17 p.m.
     Demo map.RyokoTK 12/13/06 7:20 p.m.
     Re: Kill Them All: a single-player community projeFrungi 12/14/06 7:01 p.m.
           Re: Kill Them All: a single-player community projekyjel 12/14/06 8:04 p.m.
           Re: Kill Them All: a single-player community projeirons 12/14/06 10:22 p.m.
                 Re: Kill Them All: a single-player community projeRyokoTK 12/15/06 5:44 a.m.
                       True Vidmasters do not need help.MrHen 12/15/06 9:42 a.m.
     Re: Kill Them All: a single-player community projeHH 12/15/06 3:14 p.m.
           That's delightfully descript. *NM*RyokoTK 12/16/06 7:48 a.m.
     Re: Kill Them All: a single-player community projeVid Boi 12/16/06 9:45 a.m.
           Re: Kill Them All: a single-player community projeirons 12/16/06 11:59 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.