/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?
Posted By: DermudaDate: 9/21/21 12:01 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around? (Godot)

: I'll be watching...

Somewhere in the heavens? If you don’t mind me slightly garbling the quotation ... :)

One thing that’s impressed me in my search is just how *much* Marathon material I’m coming across. For every two or three Wolfenstein scenarios I find, I seem to come across about 20 or 30 Marathon scenarios/physics models/other items. I’ve found items for all three games in the trilogy, but numbers seem to be slightly skewed towards Marathon and Marathon 2. That’s probably because my search is focused on older media at the moment – so fewer Marathon Infinity scenarios are popping up right now.

I’ve come across what feels like hundreds of Marathon trilogy scenarios, and I haven’t even been looking for them!

There are also definitely scenarios in there that I don’t recognise. That doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re not on the Archives, of course. After all, they might simply not have popular enough, or appealed enough to my interests, for me to have played them before! Still, there is a chance that at least some of this material I’m digging up didn’t make it onto the Archives, or to other similar places.

For what it’s worth, I’ve come across some really good Wolfenstein works that didn’t make it onto the equivalent Wolf repositories. Sometimes, works just don’t get recognition, not because of their quality, but simply because the designer didn’t know where to put them! So while the quality of what I’ve been digging up might be variable, there’s always a chance there could be some real gems in there!

I haven’t checked against the Archives just yet, but I’ve made a note of what I’ve found, and where I’ve found it. Since I’m getting a little curious about this now, I might just do a check against the Archives at some point and see if I really do have anything that’s not on there.

In any case, I’m beginning to suspect that net total of Marathon scenarios out there is quite a lot more than the 1000 Wolfenstein scenarios I’ve found!

: Ah yes, Kris was also one of The Sevens. Those who solved Durandal's on-line
: puzzle and found Page 2401 the hard way.

I’m not surprised by that! I’d love to boast that I solved the 2401 puzzle too – which I did legitimately – but only after the solution had already been posted. So it didn’t really count!

Which reminds me. I need to go back and try to crack the PiD secret page. I only got partway when I last tried – I’m not quite through the Labyrinth just yet!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?Dermuda 9/20/21 3:32 p.m.
     Re: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?Durandal_1707 9/20/21 6:42 p.m.
           Re: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?Dermuda 9/21/21 12:45 p.m.
     Re: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?ukimalefu 9/21/21 12:50 a.m.
           Re: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?Dermuda 9/21/21 11:47 a.m.
                 Re: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?ukimalefu 9/22/21 2:14 a.m.
     Re: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?Godot 9/21/21 3:23 a.m.
           Re: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?Dermuda 9/21/21 12:01 p.m.
     Mac Wolf3D Archive released + Help needed!Dermuda 12/22/21 12:42 a.m.
           Re: Mac Wolf3D Archive released + Help needed!ukimalefu 12/22/21 5:50 p.m.
                 Re: Mac Wolf3D Archive released + Help needed!Dermuda 12/22/21 11:01 p.m.
           Re: Mac Wolf3D Archive released + Help needed!Bo Lindbergh 12/22/21 7:10 p.m.
                 Re: Mac Wolf3D Archive released + Help needed!Dermuda 12/22/21 11:17 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.