/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Mac Wolf3D Archive released + Help needed!
Posted By: DermudaDate: 12/22/21 12:42 a.m.

In Response To: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around? (Dermuda)

Hello,

Again, do excuse an off-topic post! This is just a heads-up that my Mac Wolfenstein 3D Archive has now been released! You can find it over on the Macintosh Garden:

https://macintoshgarden.org/games/dermudas-wolfenstein-3d-archive

This Archive is a huge, comprehensive collection of fan-material created for Wolfenstein 3D for the Mac. It is the result of many years worth of careful collecting, starting from my initial searches for new material in the late-1990s, and continuing right through to the present day. Containing over 500MB of scenarios and utilities, and over 1000 scenarios in total, it’s by far the largest collection of Mac Wolf material ever released publicly. Much of the material it contains is now unique to this collection.

I also have a small request. I’m trying to spread the word about this Archive as far as I can. My hope is that, if word of this Archive spreads far enough, it might be noticed by some old Mac designers who long since moved on to other things. Right now, it’s people like that who are by far the best source of Mac Wolf material. The further word about this Archive spreads, the better.

So I could really use some help in spreading the word about this Archive!

I am going to put up a few posts about this Archive in various places I’m a member of. But if anyone here is willing, I would really appreciate it if you could just put up a quick link to the Archive on any personal websites, Mac-related social media accounts or forums, etc.. The more word spreads about this work, the more likely it is that old Mac designers will hear about it, and contribute works that are missing from the Archive!

There’s no need for anything fancy – just a simple link and a word or two about what it is would be more than adequate. And, to clarify, I’m not making any money off this. This is purely a labour of love.

(Also, due to some unfortunate timing, I'm currently having some emergency building work done on my house. I might be out of contact for a few days at this rate, which is why I'm posting this a little earlier than I mentioned to some people. Just be aware that I might not be able to reply to this thread for a few days!)

Anyway, once my house is back in order, perhaps it would be a good time for me to start combing through all the Marathon 1 material I came across during my search ...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?Dermuda 9/20/21 3:32 p.m.
     Re: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?Durandal_1707 9/20/21 6:42 p.m.
           Re: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?Dermuda 9/21/21 12:45 p.m.
     Re: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?ukimalefu 9/21/21 12:50 a.m.
           Re: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?Dermuda 9/21/21 11:47 a.m.
                 Re: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?ukimalefu 9/22/21 2:14 a.m.
     Re: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?Godot 9/21/21 3:23 a.m.
           Re: Any Wolfenstein 3D players around?Dermuda 9/21/21 12:01 p.m.
     Mac Wolf3D Archive released + Help needed!Dermuda 12/22/21 12:42 a.m.
           Re: Mac Wolf3D Archive released + Help needed!ukimalefu 12/22/21 5:50 p.m.
                 Re: Mac Wolf3D Archive released + Help needed!Dermuda 12/22/21 11:01 p.m.
           Re: Mac Wolf3D Archive released + Help needed!Bo Lindbergh 12/22/21 7:10 p.m.
                 Re: Mac Wolf3D Archive released + Help needed!Dermuda 12/22/21 11:17 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.