/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: AAARGGH!!!
Posted By: NarcogenDate: 7/31/13 8:55 p.m.

In Response To: Re: AAARGGH!!! (Antarctico)

: I almost said something about this very thing...*sigh*.

: Oh yeah, they definitely have pendulous balls of iron for being able to
: cheerfully shrug off both the raspberries and the rueful shaking of our
: ancient heads. ;D

Heh-- Actually it hurts less because I've hardly played the original at all since it first came out. I'm not sure I ever finished it properly at any difficulty. I strongly suspect that I may have used the option - new game trick to start over at the next level.

Now, if we're still doing that bad when it comes to Marathon 2, my meagre pride may indeed be wounded. I played that one over and over far more times back in the day, as well as a weekend-long coop session back before I left the country, plus another few runs when the game was ported to XBLA.

Since the first days of Aleph One I've always had the games on my drive, but sometimes I really didn't have a machine to play them well (I hate gaming on laptops) or my gaming time was otherwise occupied. Wanting to have a regular scheduled podcast release of Bungie-related content before there's real Destiny content was a great excuse to go back and play all the games some more. Hopefully we'll get to some of the big TCs as well.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

AAARGGH!!!Godot 7/30/13 8:45 a.m.
     Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 7/30/13 10:24 a.m.
           Re: AAARGGH!!!Godot 7/31/13 5:33 a.m.
                 Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 7/31/13 7:45 a.m.
                       Re: AAARGGH!!!Narcogen 7/31/13 8:55 p.m.
                             Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 7/31/13 10:47 p.m.
                                   Re: AAARGGH!!!PerseusSpartacus 8/1/13 9:19 a.m.
                                         TCs For The Rampancy Boys (was: AAARGGH!!!)Antarctico 8/1/13 10:48 a.m.
                                   Re: AAARGGH!!! *LINK*Hopper 8/1/13 10:14 a.m.
                                         Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/1/13 10:58 a.m.
                                         Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/1/13 11:04 a.m.
                                         Re: AAARGGH!!!treellama 8/1/13 11:15 a.m.
                                               Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/1/13 12:08 p.m.
                                                     Re: AAARGGH!!!treellama 8/1/13 5:07 p.m.
                                                           Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/1/13 6:05 p.m.
                                                                 Re: AAARGGH!!!treellama 8/2/13 4:01 a.m.
                                                                       Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 6:58 a.m.
                                                                             Re: AAARGGH!!!treellama 8/2/13 7:31 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: AAARGGH!!!Godot 8/2/13 7:52 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 8:51 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: AAARGGH!!!Godot 8/2/13 9:07 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 10:18 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: AAARGGH!!!poena.dare 8/2/13 7:48 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 11:20 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: AAARGGH!!!Hokuto 8/2/13 10:12 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 10:24 a.m.
                                   Re: AAARGGH!!!Narcogen 8/1/13 9:47 p.m.
                                         Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 8:54 a.m.
                 Re: AAARGGH!!!Narcogen 7/31/13 8:51 p.m.
                       Re: AAARGGH!!!Godot 7/31/13 10:40 p.m.
                             Re: AAARGGH!!!Narcogen 8/1/13 9:53 p.m.
                       Re: AAARGGH!!!Dispatcher 8/3/13 9:06 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.