/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: AAARGGH!!!
Posted By: NarcogenDate: 8/1/13 9:47 p.m.

In Response To: Re: AAARGGH!!! (Antarctico)

: I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say that we look forward to your
: manful efforts in M2, but now that you have set such a high bar, we will
: also be expecting a similar high performance. ;D

: Poleez -- I've played Marathon, M2, and MI on hardware so backward and
: ancient I had to pause at every new level to scoop in another shovelful of
: coal to keep the damn things running. ;)

Sometimes my 7200/75 felt like that, but the machine I was referring to was a Duo 230, the little 9" b/w screen (passive matrix) and a trackball. Hooked up to its docking station it could do color, but it was pre-PPC and could really only play either M1 or M2 with the window size at minimum.

: Well, of course. :)

: Do not play Marathon Red , you will both die horrible, grisly deaths of such
: epic proportions that your great-grandchildren will be telling their
: great-grandchildren about them.

That alone makes me want to play it. Heck if it was up to me we'd at least be on major damage, but Blackstar keeps whining about not having enough firepower :)

Don't think I ever played that one. I remember Evil, and Siege of Nor'kohr, and Morgana's Revenge. I think I may have started Rubicon at some point, but I never got around to playing Eternal.

: Really, it was a dick-slam running under Marathon Infinity, but running under
: Aleph One, watch out. Because Aleph One has much higher limits on the
: number of active monsters than Marathon Infinity, when the hell spawn
: starts pouring out of every corner of the map, they don't go to happy nap
: time like they did under MI, they stay active and hungry -- very, very
: hungry. *shudder*

Sounds interesting...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

AAARGGH!!!Godot 7/30/13 8:45 a.m.
     Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 7/30/13 10:24 a.m.
           Re: AAARGGH!!!Godot 7/31/13 5:33 a.m.
                 Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 7/31/13 7:45 a.m.
                       Re: AAARGGH!!!Narcogen 7/31/13 8:55 p.m.
                             Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 7/31/13 10:47 p.m.
                                   Re: AAARGGH!!!PerseusSpartacus 8/1/13 9:19 a.m.
                                         TCs For The Rampancy Boys (was: AAARGGH!!!)Antarctico 8/1/13 10:48 a.m.
                                   Re: AAARGGH!!! *LINK*Hopper 8/1/13 10:14 a.m.
                                         Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/1/13 10:58 a.m.
                                         Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/1/13 11:04 a.m.
                                         Re: AAARGGH!!!treellama 8/1/13 11:15 a.m.
                                               Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/1/13 12:08 p.m.
                                                     Re: AAARGGH!!!treellama 8/1/13 5:07 p.m.
                                                           Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/1/13 6:05 p.m.
                                                                 Re: AAARGGH!!!treellama 8/2/13 4:01 a.m.
                                                                       Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 6:58 a.m.
                                                                             Re: AAARGGH!!!treellama 8/2/13 7:31 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: AAARGGH!!!Godot 8/2/13 7:52 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 8:51 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: AAARGGH!!!Godot 8/2/13 9:07 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 10:18 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: AAARGGH!!!poena.dare 8/2/13 7:48 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 11:20 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: AAARGGH!!!Hokuto 8/2/13 10:12 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 10:24 a.m.
                                   Re: AAARGGH!!!Narcogen 8/1/13 9:47 p.m.
                                         Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 8:54 a.m.
                 Re: AAARGGH!!!Narcogen 7/31/13 8:51 p.m.
                       Re: AAARGGH!!!Godot 7/31/13 10:40 p.m.
                             Re: AAARGGH!!!Narcogen 8/1/13 9:53 p.m.
                       Re: AAARGGH!!!Dispatcher 8/3/13 9:06 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.