/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: AAARGGH!!!
Posted By: AntarcticoDate: 7/31/13 10:47 p.m.

In Response To: Re: AAARGGH!!! (Narcogen)

: Now, if we're still doing that bad when it comes to Marathon 2, my
: meager pride may indeed be wounded. I played that one over and over
: far more times back in the day, as well as a weekend-long coop session
: back before I left the country, plus another few runs when the game
: was ported to XBLA.

I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say that we look forward to your manful efforts in M2, but now that you have set such a high bar, we will also be expecting a similar high performance. ;D

: Since the first days of Aleph One I've always had the games on my
: drive, but sometimes I really didn't have a machine to play them well
: (I hate gaming on laptops)...

Poleez -- I've played Marathon, M2, and MI on hardware so backward and ancient I had to pause at every new level to scoop in another shovelful of coal to keep the damn things running. ;)

: ...or my gaming time was otherwise occupied.

Well, of course. :)

: Wanting to have a regular scheduled podcast release of Bungie-related
: content before there's real Destiny content was a great excuse to go
: back and play all the games some more. Hopefully we'll get to some of
: the big TCs as well.

Do not play Marathon Red, you will both die horrible, grisly deaths of such epic proportions that your great-grandchildren will be telling their great-grandchildren about them.

Really, it was a dick-slam running under Marathon Infinity, but running under Aleph One, watch out. Because Aleph One has much higher limits on the number of active monsters than Marathon Infinity, when the hell spawn starts pouring out of every corner of the map, they don't go to happy nap time like they did under MI, they stay active and hungry -- very, very hungry. *shudder*

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

AAARGGH!!!Godot 7/30/13 8:45 a.m.
     Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 7/30/13 10:24 a.m.
           Re: AAARGGH!!!Godot 7/31/13 5:33 a.m.
                 Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 7/31/13 7:45 a.m.
                       Re: AAARGGH!!!Narcogen 7/31/13 8:55 p.m.
                             Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 7/31/13 10:47 p.m.
                                   Re: AAARGGH!!!PerseusSpartacus 8/1/13 9:19 a.m.
                                         TCs For The Rampancy Boys (was: AAARGGH!!!)Antarctico 8/1/13 10:48 a.m.
                                   Re: AAARGGH!!! *LINK*Hopper 8/1/13 10:14 a.m.
                                         Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/1/13 10:58 a.m.
                                         Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/1/13 11:04 a.m.
                                         Re: AAARGGH!!!treellama 8/1/13 11:15 a.m.
                                               Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/1/13 12:08 p.m.
                                                     Re: AAARGGH!!!treellama 8/1/13 5:07 p.m.
                                                           Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/1/13 6:05 p.m.
                                                                 Re: AAARGGH!!!treellama 8/2/13 4:01 a.m.
                                                                       Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 6:58 a.m.
                                                                             Re: AAARGGH!!!treellama 8/2/13 7:31 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: AAARGGH!!!Godot 8/2/13 7:52 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 8:51 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: AAARGGH!!!Godot 8/2/13 9:07 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 10:18 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: AAARGGH!!!poena.dare 8/2/13 7:48 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 11:20 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: AAARGGH!!!Hokuto 8/2/13 10:12 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 10:24 a.m.
                                   Re: AAARGGH!!!Narcogen 8/1/13 9:47 p.m.
                                         Re: AAARGGH!!!Antarctico 8/2/13 8:54 a.m.
                 Re: AAARGGH!!!Narcogen 7/31/13 8:51 p.m.
                       Re: AAARGGH!!!Godot 7/31/13 10:40 p.m.
                             Re: AAARGGH!!!Narcogen 8/1/13 9:53 p.m.
                       Re: AAARGGH!!!Dispatcher 8/3/13 9:06 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.