/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Marathon: Legends of Carnage
Posted By: PerseusSpartacusDate: 5/2/12 9:14 p.m.

***IMPORTANT - READ THIS WHOLE MESSAGE BEFORE SUBMITTING ANYTHING TO ME***

I have randomly decided to start a project for all you die-hard Marathon fans. I don't know what to call it, but for now it is known as Marathon: Legends of Carnage. Basically, you just make a short story and send it to me at perseusspartacus@gmail.com. DON'T make it a download, please. My browser can't handle downloads. Just include the story in your email like this:

Hi, my username on the Pfhorums is ______ and this is my short story submission for Marathon: Legends of Carnage:

-----------------------------------------------

It was the best of times...

blah blah blah

The End

-----------------------------------------------

Hope you like, blah blah blah.

Once I've received 14 submissions, I'll release the compiled 'book' of short stories to the public, with a more fitting title to the compilation.

RULES OF SUBMISSION:

1 - Do not include profanity or extremely detailed violence (i.e. you can say 'the ________ exploded' but you can't give details about what went flying afterwards) in your story. I just don't like it when people use either one in stories.
2 - Include your Pfhorums name in the submission, that way I can give you credit for your story.
3 - The story you submit must be relatively short. In other words, if I were to put it in a book, it should take up maybe five-seven pages (one page meaning one side of a piece of paper).
4 - Include the title of your story in the submission, otherwise I will assign my own title to the story. Not absolutely necessary, but it would be good if you included a title.
5 - Be original. If I feel your story isn't too original, I won't include it. If you parody other stories (like Philip K. Dick's Impostor) but put it into the contexts of the Marathon story, that still counts as original, just so long as you don't copy the original story almost identically.
6 - The story must be directly related to Marathon. If you talk about a guy being followed and carrying a weird pocket knife, that doesn't count as being related to Marathon.

If you're submission doesn't make the cut, don't let it wear you down. I'll probably release multiple editions of this sort of thing. Either way, just keep trying. Eventually you're bound to succeed. Strive hard, reap the rewards.

Cheers,
PerseusSpartacus

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon: Legends of CarnagePerseusSpartacus 5/2/12 9:14 p.m.
     Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnageGodot 5/3/12 7:47 a.m.
           Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnagePerseusSpartacus 5/3/12 9:09 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon: Legends of Carnageukimalefu 5/3/12 9:23 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnageBob-B-Q 5/4/12 9:07 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnagePerseusSpartacus 5/5/12 12:32 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnagePerseusSpartacus 5/7/12 8:58 p.m.
     Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnagePresident People 5/3/12 11:05 a.m.
           Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnagePerseusSpartacus 5/3/12 11:57 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnagePerseusSpartacus 5/5/12 12:31 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon: Legends of Carnagelistener 5/5/12 3:06 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnagePerseusSpartacus 5/5/12 4:39 p.m.
                                   Re: Marathon: Legends of Carnagelistener 5/10/12 3:08 p.m.
                                         Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnagePerseusSpartacus 5/10/12 4:27 p.m.
                                               Re: Marathon: Legends of Carnagelistener 5/11/12 3:21 p.m.
     Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnagePerseusSpartacus 5/12/12 10:12 a.m.
           Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnageGodot 5/12/12 10:56 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnagePerseusSpartacus 5/12/12 11:13 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon: Legends of Carnagelistener 5/12/12 11:23 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnagePerseusSpartacus 5/12/12 12:30 p.m.
                                   Re: Marathon: Legends of Carnagelistener 5/12/12 1:15 p.m.
                                         Re: Marathon: Legends of Carnagelistener 5/13/12 10:28 a.m.
                                               Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnagePerseusSpartacus 5/15/12 10:35 a.m.
                                                     Re: Marathon: Legends of Carnagelistener 5/18/12 12:24 p.m.
                                                           Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnagePerseusSpartacus 5/18/12 12:46 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Marathon: Legends of Carnagelistener 5/18/12 4:05 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Marathon: Legends of CarnagePerseusSpartacus 5/18/12 5:11 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.