/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

No poison Green Oozes
Posted By: EarthtopusDate: 2/19/12 10:38 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Who needs the Brown Potion? (Godot)

Lights out! This, as previously stated, reduces your cone of monster alerting.

The most important tip has Paul Anka's guarantee.

Direction of viewing is crucial. Stay looking east down the hallway, then south along the first Ooze corridor, then west, then charge down the hallway as slow-motion goo comes up behind you. There are six oozes but I think you can stroll by only waking two of them, and get around the first two small hallways before they can catch up. The last Ooze (or two?) you awaken chase you down the long hallway down the Save Rune but it is possible to get away hasted down the hallway, save, and dodge the one shot coming at you form behind.

The end result of my successful run looks like this:

This method started out as an attempt to see how late I could go before poisoning myself, and I got around the first corner without waking one up and went for it. It took three tries; the timing on activation to firing sequence making all the difference (I was hit once by an Ooze and once by a Ghast in front of me).

Because of the length of the last hallway and the difficulty of dodging normal-speed projectiles (and Oozes and Ghasts having a normal firing sequence) I'm not sure this is possible without a Red potion but I guess I could give it a few tries at some point. I'm not overly optimistic.

Now what are the Brown potions for, I wonder?

-Andrew

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Who needs the Brown Potion?Earthtopus 2/18/12 5:12 p.m.
     Re: Who needs the Brown Potion?Godot 2/19/12 5:04 a.m.
           No poison Green OozesEarthtopus 2/19/12 10:38 a.m.
                 Re: No poison Green OozesHopper 2/19/12 12:52 p.m.
                       Re: No poison Green OozesEarthtopus 2/19/12 1:12 p.m.
                             Re: No poison Green OozesHopper 2/19/12 4:42 p.m.
                                   ♫just don't look, just don't look...♪Earthtopus 2/19/12 5:34 p.m.
                                         Re: ♫just don't look, just don't look...bpoena.dare 2/19/12 5:52 p.m.
                                               Re: ♫just don't look, just don't look...bEarthtopus 2/19/12 5:56 p.m.
                                               Re: ♫just don't look, just don't look...btreellama 2/19/12 5:59 p.m.
                                         Re: ♫just don't look, just don't look...bHopper 2/19/12 6:22 p.m.
                                               Re: ♫just don't look, just don't look...bEarthtopus 2/19/12 11:48 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.