/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 9/21/06 5:48 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time? (treellama)

Alright, here's some good news and some odd news.

The good news is that everything looks perfectly fine, and the whole thing loads in about 7 seconds. Holy bajesus that's fast compared to before! Major awesomeness.

The odd news is that in the NIBs build I've been using (the July 1st one), it doesn't show the geometry textures as high-res (instead using the textures from Shapes, or so it seems), though it does show the landscape texture as high-res. I checked my prefs, I've got all mipmapping options set to "full", and the GeForce fix on (I've got a GeForce4Ti). However, they all work fine in the preview SDL build from last week or so.

I didn't download the latest NIBs build (since I was only interested in seeing how far the SDL build had come), and I don't have the older SDL build, so I can't test in that to see if it's a NIBs vs SDL thing or a something-got-changed-since-the-July-1st-release thing.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?Forrest of B.org 9/19/06 2:06 p.m.
     Faster load times over file size *NM*Blake37 9/19/06 2:11 p.m.
           Same here. *NM*newreagan64 9/19/06 2:15 p.m.
                 Agreed *NM*kyjel 9/19/06 2:51 p.m.
                       Re: Agreed *NM*D-M.A. 9/20/06 12:48 a.m.
     Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?treellama 9/19/06 3:16 p.m.
           Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?Forrest of B.org 9/19/06 3:52 p.m.
                 Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?treellama 9/19/06 4:14 p.m.
                       Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?Forrest of B.org 9/19/06 5:53 p.m.
                             Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?treellama 9/20/06 2:54 a.m.
                                   Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?Forrest of B.org 9/20/06 8:32 a.m.
                             Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?RyokoTK 9/20/06 5:36 a.m.
                                   Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?Forrest of B.org 9/20/06 8:34 a.m.
                             Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?treellama 9/20/06 3:06 p.m.
                                   Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?Forrest of B.org 9/21/06 5:48 p.m.
                                         Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?treellama 9/21/06 6:26 p.m.
                                               Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?Forrest of B.org 9/21/06 10:40 p.m.
                                                     Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?treellama 9/22/06 2:14 a.m.
                                                     Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?treellama 9/24/06 5:24 a.m.
                 Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?Blake37 9/19/06 4:28 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.