/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?
Posted By: treellamaDate: 9/20/06 3:06 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time? (Forrest of B.org)

: The most stable (least likely to be changed any time soon) texture set is
: probably set 4, so if you'd like to convert that, I'll be happy to check
: it out. I don't think any one set is any more or less likely to look bad
: under high compression than another set would be.

OK, http://www.treellama.org/EternalDDSTest.zip

Replace set 4, put the landscape in your landscapes, and add the MML file to your scripts folder. The DDS files are all compressed (but not with Aorta), even the landscape, and I'm hard pressed to tell them apart from the pngs. Let me know if your load time improves, and how they look. If you have an geforce card, you may have to play with the geforce fix in advanced prefs.

I've added type="" attributes to the MML, so your texture quality settings (normal, high, higher, etc.) will apply.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?Forrest of B.org 9/19/06 2:06 p.m.
     Faster load times over file size *NM*Blake37 9/19/06 2:11 p.m.
           Same here. *NM*newreagan64 9/19/06 2:15 p.m.
                 Agreed *NM*kyjel 9/19/06 2:51 p.m.
                       Re: Agreed *NM*D-M.A. 9/20/06 12:48 a.m.
     Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?treellama 9/19/06 3:16 p.m.
           Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?Forrest of B.org 9/19/06 3:52 p.m.
                 Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?treellama 9/19/06 4:14 p.m.
                       Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?Forrest of B.org 9/19/06 5:53 p.m.
                             Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?treellama 9/20/06 2:54 a.m.
                                   Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?Forrest of B.org 9/20/06 8:32 a.m.
                             Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?RyokoTK 9/20/06 5:36 a.m.
                                   Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?Forrest of B.org 9/20/06 8:34 a.m.
                             Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?treellama 9/20/06 3:06 p.m.
                                   Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?Forrest of B.org 9/21/06 5:48 p.m.
                                         Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?treellama 9/21/06 6:26 p.m.
                                               Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?Forrest of B.org 9/21/06 10:40 p.m.
                                                     Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?treellama 9/22/06 2:14 a.m.
                                                     Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?treellama 9/24/06 5:24 a.m.
                 Re: Opinion Poll: File Size vs Loading Time?Blake37 9/19/06 4:28 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.