/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 11/12/05 5:53 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23 (Dr. John Sumner)

: Several things make me wonder if the authors of the scenario really meant for
: this level to be played.

Still being curious about the answer to this question, I did a bit more research with all of the Trojan documents I have. One of the information files that comes with Trojan is titled "The Trojan FAQ". One of the questions listed in this FAQ is the following:

Q: Hey, I'd only just escaped those snipers hiding in the dark, and now I've got stuck in a suicide room in level **! No fair!

While this question has nothing to do with MY question, part of the answer from the Trojan team contains this statement:

A: No SPNKR jumping is required (well, there is an optional jump somewhere in the game which may lead to the coolest reward imaginable, but we're not about to give that one away).

As far as I know, there is only one place (other than getting to LovePuppy 23) in the scenario that requires a SPNKR jump. That is in the level "Death of Drummand". In one part of that level, there is an "Invincibility Item" as well as a small ammo cache lying at the bottom of a large lava room. Two SPNKR shots are required to exit the lava. All of this was covered by Steve in his discussion of that level. However, I wouldn't consider this ammo cache to be the "coolest reward imaginable". So, perhaps the Trojan team was hinting at the secret level in this statement, thereby implying it was meant to be a part of the game.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23Steve Levinson 11/8/05 2:13 p.m.
     Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23kyjel 11/8/05 3:19 p.m.
     Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23Dr. John Sumner 11/10/05 2:57 a.m.
           Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23Forrest of B.org 11/10/05 6:30 a.m.
                 Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23Dr. John Sumner 11/10/05 7:12 a.m.
                       Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23Steve Levinson 11/10/05 9:46 a.m.
                             Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23kyjel 11/10/05 10:07 a.m.
                             Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23Dr. John Sumner 11/10/05 10:55 a.m.
           Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23Dr. John Sumner 11/12/05 5:53 a.m.
                 Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23Steve Levinson 11/12/05 9:13 a.m.
                       Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23kyjel 11/12/05 3:20 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.