/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 11/10/05 10:55 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23 (Steve Levinson)

: Regarding the lack of coverage in the Spoiler Guide, while it seems highly
: unusual to omit an entire level from the discussion, the Trojan Spoiler
: Guide in generaly steers clear of discussing secrets. Those that are
: obvious are covered, but anything that's behind a secret door or that
: requires diving into lava is omitted, including the incredibly cool egg
: room.

I agree, all of the comments made by everyone in response to my post are most appropriate and very reasonable. What's really on my mind is this: Is there anyone in the Marathon community who had direct involvement in the development of Trojan and can address the questions raised here? Was this level meant to be discovered by the player and played? And if so, why was it not mentioned at all in the Spoiler Guide?

I haven't mentioned it up to this point, but there is another level in Trojan that can be "played" by anyone, but is not reachable in normal gameplay (at least as far as I know). If you use Option-Cmd-BeginNewGame and type in level 5, the player is sent to a one-room level titled "(deleted)". I suppose the title speaks for itself. There is a single terminal that chastises the player for being there and then teleports them to the first level. I wonder about the history of this level. What was it meant to be originally? Does the existence of this "unreachable" level allow one to conclude anything about the level "LovePuppy 23"?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23Steve Levinson 11/8/05 2:13 p.m.
     Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23kyjel 11/8/05 3:19 p.m.
     Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23Dr. John Sumner 11/10/05 2:57 a.m.
           Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23Forrest of B.org 11/10/05 6:30 a.m.
                 Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23Dr. John Sumner 11/10/05 7:12 a.m.
                       Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23Steve Levinson 11/10/05 9:46 a.m.
                             Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23kyjel 11/10/05 10:07 a.m.
                             Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23Dr. John Sumner 11/10/05 10:55 a.m.
           Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23Dr. John Sumner 11/12/05 5:53 a.m.
                 Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23Steve Levinson 11/12/05 9:13 a.m.
                       Re: Trojan Volunteers - LovePuppy 23kyjel 11/12/05 3:20 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.