/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: more shame for me...
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 11/6/05 3:16 p.m.

In Response To: more shame for me... (MrHen)

: So... I've been concentrating on M2 + M? for now which is why there are huge
: gaps in my Marathon knowledge. Everything is still brand new for me.

Ah, to be discovering Marathon for the first time. Take your time and enjoy the experience. All three are great games and even though we all have our favorites, all three run rings around everything else out there. I too discovered Marathon after all 3 games were already out. I played the demos for ages before I finally ordered the Mac Action Sack - I knew what would happen - I knew I would become addicted -but I eventually succumbed. I actually played all three games in tandem, building my skills as I went, so for me the story wasn't all that clear the first time through. Eventually I went back and played in sequence - that's the way to do it - play in sequence after you've been through them at least once before. Once you've got the skills down, you can go back and play at your leisure, absorbing everything and finding all the clues you missed the first time through. So don't worry about your lack of knowledge - finish all three games and then go back and do it the right way.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

trivia questionMrHen 11/2/05 4:25 p.m.
     Re: trivia questionBlake37 11/3/05 12:29 a.m.
           Re: trivia questionSteve Levinson 11/3/05 4:21 a.m.
                 Re: trivia questionSidoh 11/5/05 6:45 a.m.
                       Re: trivia question - Story Page OmissionSteve Levinson 11/5/05 9:13 a.m.
                             Re: trivia question - Story Page OmissionHamish Sinclair 11/6/05 6:33 a.m.
                                   Re: trivia question - Story Page OmissionDr. John Sumner 11/6/05 7:26 a.m.
                                         Re: trivia question - Story Page OmissionSteve Levinson 11/6/05 9:48 a.m.
                       i am shamedMrHen 11/6/05 6:01 a.m.
                             Re: i am shamedSteve Levinson 11/6/05 9:54 a.m.
                                   more shame for me...MrHen 11/6/05 2:56 p.m.
                                         Re: more shame for me...Steve Levinson 11/6/05 3:16 p.m.
                                               thanks!MrHen 11/6/05 7:03 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.