/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Why do compilers scatter into energy at death?
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 10/21/05 5:04 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Why do compilers scatter into energy at death? (Blake37)

: Dude, last year it took my teacher three class periods, each and hour long,
: to relate that same body of information. Of course, it wasn't intirely her
: fault, half the class were idots and slackers, but still.

Yeah, I've noticed that a lot lately... classes tend to polarize between either "I could learn this just as easily from a short book in a night or two, why does this take 16 weeks to teach?" and "I wouldn't want to read this in book form unless I needed to look something up; can you please just give me the important points?"

The former classes are usually systematic things (ideas themselves, how things work, methods and such), versus the latter which are usually history/geography type classes (memorizing lots of facts, names, and figures). Unfortunately for me, I got into philosophy as a major because I like discussing ideas and systems, but most of what we're studying is the memorization of WHO thought WHAT idea and the specific details of their systems in contrast with other peoples... ugh. I don't care who thought it, I just care about what they thought!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Why do compilers scatter into energy at death?Callie21V 10/19/05 5:22 a.m.
     Re: Why do compilers scatter into energy at death?ellio7t 10/19/05 1:07 p.m.
     Re: Why do compilers scatter into energy at death?Vid Boi 10/19/05 1:33 p.m.
           Re: Why do compilers scatter into energy at death?Forrest of B.org 10/19/05 2:22 p.m.
                 Re: Why do compilers scatter into energy at death?ukimalefu 10/19/05 5:43 p.m.
                       Re: Why do compilers scatter into energy at death?Steve Levinson 10/19/05 6:37 p.m.
                             Re: Why do compilers scatter into energy at death?Forrest of B.org 10/19/05 8:07 p.m.
                 Re: Why do compilers scatter into energy at death?Blake37 10/20/05 9:59 a.m.
                       Re: Why do compilers scatter into energy at death?Forrest of B.org 10/21/05 5:04 p.m.
                             Re: Why do compilers scatter into energy at death?Blake37 10/22/05 3:50 a.m.
                                   Re: Why do compilers scatter into energy at death?Forrest of B.org 10/22/05 5:30 a.m.
     Re: Why do compilers scatter into energy at death?Mister Chief 10/22/05 11:52 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.