/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Trojan Volunteers - Prelude/Arrival
Posted By: KyjelDate: 7/14/05 6:17 p.m.

In Response To: Trojan Volunteers - Prelude/Arrival (Steve Levinson)

Ah, Trojan.

As seems the intended style of this series, I'll just post my comments and observations, rather than any kind of a walkthrough type thing.

Predlude in particular made me sit up and notice. With the sirens, the fighting and dying bob sounds in the distance, this was already a far more atmospheric scenario than anything in the origional M1. Seem to be a greater variety, as well, though that might not be apparent until later levels.

Didn't mind the alien graphics, actually. As a whole, though simple, they seemed more... unified, than their M1 counterparts, as a whole.

And yes, though I haven't been able to get to the physics model to check, I believe the "Fighter" bolts are indeed homing, not to mention 2 to 3 times faster than the M1 versions.

Anyone know how they did that unified Physics Model trick? I think they stuffed it in with the Shapes file somehow... as you said, this scenario was made before the majority of editors came out, many of what was accomplished here was never repeated in later scenarios, as far as I know. Neat stuff.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Trojan Volunteers - Prelude/ArrivalSteve Levinson 7/14/05 4:47 p.m.
     Re: Trojan Volunteers - Prelude/ArrivalKyjel 7/14/05 6:17 p.m.
           Re: Trojan Volunteers - Prelude/ArrivalMartiNZ 7/15/05 3:27 a.m.
                 Re: Trojan Volunteers - Prelude/ArrivalSteve Levinson 7/15/05 6:09 a.m.
                       Re: Trojan Volunteers - Prelude/ArrivalMartiNZ 7/15/05 11:53 a.m.
                             Re: Trojan Volunteers - Prelude/ArrivalKyjel 7/15/05 4:48 p.m.
     Re: Trojan Volunteers - Prelude/ArrivalC Lund 8/9/05 11:35 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.