/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Map editor for AlephOne. **image**
Posted By: me_43Date: 7/11/05 1:15 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Map editor for AlephOne. (Simon/Sigma)

: Pfhorge version 0.95 isn't that hard to use, i've seen worst ( Hellmaker,
: Doom editor )
: It work every time i need it, it save my maps with the correct format, and
: it's stable.
: Of course, other peoples can have trouble with it, but from the 2 solo maps i
: made with it,
: it run like a charm ( both map were made for Sigma )
: It doesn't a visual mode, but texturing without it isn't that tought, it just
: take more
: time! I'm also working on a level using more polygon than the normal Forge
: limit, so far i'm
: at 1385 poly and it's still working fine, anyway! i'm just trying to defend
: something that look
: promising.
: ( the 3 first screenshots on the Sigma website are from my map i made with
: Pfhorge )

Note-
Yeah, I got my PC back, one of the hard drives completely failed, thankfully it wasn't the new, big, good one with my files on it :) but I've reformatted, and been victim to literally hundreds of crashes! It crashes on average every 30 minutes! I tested the RAM and woah-hoah it IS fried. Bah. Anyway.

...and so I told 'em, I told em, uh, that it couldn't not be a 128 byte structure! That would make little if ANY sense! But then I switched to 64 byte and lo and behold, it loaded every POLY structure flawlessly. They ARE 64 bytes! Pfhorte lied to me! AGAIN!!

Uh, I mean, uh, I finally managed a piece of code that can read Marathon levels.
That's right, this program can now read both E0 and Marathon 2/inf/AO levels. I really, really need a better name, though. Also it can't save anything.

It's written in RB, so it'll be effortlessly, perfectly cross-platform on PC, Mac, Linux... (YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYATY etc etc)

Visual mode, well, maybe one day - RB does support some 3d stuff. I dunno. You'd miss out on the fancy effects and enemies, though. I wonder if there's a way of integr- aha! I could write an RB-E0 plugin! Oh well that's crazy anyway.

All of this doesn't really help you in terms of Aleph One, (Reading the files was a torturous enough experience! Forget writing them!!) but it's a big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big step towards getting E0 rolling, which would probably be better. In my opinion.

Soon to come - pics of E0 running Waterloo. Oh, righty, I'm starting with M2 'cos M1's been ported about six times already, but M2/i are still undone...

Anyone know where I can get the Marathon 2 Sounds? In .wav format, that is?

Hmm. Better wrap up this post, I'm overdue for a crash :( :(

...Where the hell is M?!??!?!

E0 - edit

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Map editor for AlephOne.redmage13 7/6/05 7:09 p.m.
     Re: Map editor for AlephOne.Me_43 7/6/05 11:38 p.m.
           Re: Map editor for AlephOne.Tasnu Arakun 7/7/05 2:55 a.m.
                 Re: Map editor for AlephOne.Johannes Gunnar 7/7/05 3:49 a.m.
     Re: Map editor for AlephOne.Johannes Gunnar 7/7/05 2:01 a.m.
           Re: Map editor for AlephOne.Bob-B-Q 7/7/05 4:46 a.m.
                 Re: Map editor for AlephOne.Johannes Gunnar 7/7/05 5:49 a.m.
                       Re: Map editor for AlephOne.Me_43 7/7/05 3:58 p.m.
                             Re: Map editor for AlephOne.Johannes Gunnar 7/8/05 2:47 a.m.
                                   Re: Map editor for AlephOne.Me_43 7/8/05 3:55 a.m.
                                         Re: Map editor for AlephOne.redmage13 7/8/05 4:48 p.m.
                                               Re: Map editor for AlephOne.Me_43 7/8/05 5:15 p.m.
                                                     Re: Map editor for AlephOne.redmage13 7/8/05 5:28 p.m.
                                                           Re: Map editor for AlephOne.redmage13 7/8/05 6:05 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Map editor for AlephOne.Adam Ashwell 7/8/05 6:58 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Map editor for AlephOne.Me_43 7/8/05 10:40 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Map editor for AlephOne.Adam Ashwell 7/9/05 4:10 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Map editor for AlephOne.redmage13 7/9/05 12:24 p.m.
                                                                                   :) *NM*me_43 7/9/05 10:17 p.m.
                                                     Re: Map editor for AlephOne.Simon/Sigma 7/10/05 3:33 a.m.
                                                           Re: Map editor for AlephOne. **image**me_43 7/11/05 1:15 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Map editor for AlephOne. **image**Simon/Sigma 7/11/05 3:42 a.m.
                                                                       Not the bugs! Anything but the bugs!me_43 7/12/05 12:31 a.m.
                                                                 Marathon .WAV (was: Map editor for AlephOne)Don Merlin 7/14/05 7:58 a.m.
                       Re: Map editor for AlephOne.america map 7/16/05 6:29 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.