/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Where can I get scenarios?
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 2/14/05 5:55 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Where can I get scenarios? (TwelveMotion)

: Thank alot for the links, I downloaded Rubicon, but I cannot figure out how
: to make it run on OSX for the life of me! These instructions dont make any
: sense! Can anyone walk me through this?

Those instructions, and the instructions from most other scenarios, come from a time when AO for OS X didn't exist. In order to run the existing version of Rubicon using AO for OS X, you need to use ResEdit to extract the scritps from the TEXT resource in the Rubicon Application. If I lost you on that one, you'd probably better stick to running Rubicon in the Classic Environment until Rubicon X eventually comes out. There were also some nasty crashes when playing Rubicon with the early builds of AO X and I'm not sure if all of these have been fixed with the newest build.

In addition to ukimalifu's suggestions, I would add a couple of additional major scenarios - Pfh' Joueur, which has some of the best visuals and use of ambient sounds and music of any scenario (can't wait for the promised AO X version to come out myself), and Marathon Fell, Ben Potters epic nonlinear story.

Just a note that some of these scenarios require script modifications to run under AO for OS X and will not work properly without them. A good place to start for these is this page on the open source website - just drop the appropriate script into the scripts folder (create a "Scripts" folder in your AO folder if you don't already have one). As you probably already know if you've been reading this forum, there is an active discussion of porting Trojan to AO, with complete instructions on getting it to work (you need a PC or Virtual PC to do this, however). Also, ERM X is in beta and freely available now.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Where can I get scenarios?TwelveMotion 2/13/05 8:33 p.m.
     Re: Where can I get scenarios?ukimalefu 2/13/05 9:12 p.m.
           Re: Where can I get scenarios?TwelveMotion 2/13/05 10:40 p.m.
                 Re: Where can I get scenarios?Steve Levinson 2/14/05 5:55 a.m.
                       Black Series with AO X?rampancy 2/14/05 6:29 p.m.
                             Re: Black Series with AO X?Jorge 2/16/05 5:25 a.m.
                 A few moreSteve Levinson 2/14/05 6:00 a.m.
                       Re: A few moreTwelveMotion 2/14/05 7:47 a.m.
                             Re: A few moreSteve Levinson 2/14/05 8:04 a.m.
                                   ANYONE? AIM ME RUBICON OS X?!?TwelveMotion 2/14/05 9:11 a.m.
                                         Here is my SNTwelveMotion 2/14/05 9:19 a.m.
                                         Re: ANYONE? AIM ME RUBICON OS X?!?C Lund 2/14/05 12:22 p.m.
                                               Re: ANYONE? AIM ME RUBICON OS X?!?rampancy 2/14/05 1:06 p.m.
                                                     Re: ANYONE? AIM ME RUBICON OS X?!?TwelveMotion 2/14/05 1:16 p.m.
                                               Re: ANYONE? AIM ME RUBICON OS X?!?Anaphiel 2/14/05 1:29 p.m.
                                                     Re: ANYONE? AIM ME RUBICON OS X?!?C Lund 2/14/05 10:12 p.m.
                                               Re: ANYONE? AIM ME RUBICON OS X?!?Steve Levinson 2/14/05 2:53 p.m.
                                                     Re: ANYONE? AIM ME RUBICON OS X?!?C Lund 2/14/05 10:11 p.m.
                                                     Re: ANYONE? AIM ME RUBICON OS X?!?Andrew Nagy 2/15/05 5:25 a.m.
                                                           Re: ANYONE? AIM ME RUBICON OS X?!?C Lund 2/15/05 6:11 a.m.
                                               Re: ANYONE? AIM ME RUBICON OS X?!?thermoplyae 2/14/05 7:25 p.m.
                                                     Re: ANYONE? AIM ME RUBICON OS X?!?C Lund 2/14/05 10:18 p.m.
                                               Re: ANYONE? AIM ME RUBICON OS X?!?Andrew Nagy 2/15/05 5:26 a.m.
                                                     Re: ANYONE? AIM ME RUBICON OS X?!?C Lund 2/15/05 6:14 a.m.
                             Re: A few morerampancy 2/14/05 1:19 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.