/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The meaning of BLAM?
Posted By: Adam AshwellDate: 1/8/05 4:48 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The meaning of BLAM? (blake37)

Well, I never had a sexual encounter (farthest I went was making out - and touching her breasts by accident :-P), and I've only had one relationship. I was in eigth grade (I'm in ninth now), and I dated a girl, Mary, from January to the end of September this year. She was a close friend of mine at the time and is still quite a good friend now. It was all quite awkward - I "liked" her (cuz when you're desperate, you'll attach yourself to anyone - not that she wasn't the sort of person that was lovable, not at all), and for some reason she started "liking" me, and she found out I "liked" her (the same day she started "liking" me, actually), and all of a sudden we were in a relationship. It was very, very weird for the first few months. We had no idea how to act, what to do, and as we were both in the same group of close friends we ended up spending almost all our time together around other people. As such, we hardly spoke at all in person, and only online did we actually talk. Around this time we were both (along with many of my other friends) in the school musical, Fiddler on the Roof. I was the Fiddler (cuz I can't sing, and I'm a violinist :-P), and she was a villager (cuz she CAN sing - quite well, in fact). It was during rehersals in late March and April that we started actually spending time together offstage, and it got to be more and more as the time went on. To recall a romantic incident, our first kiss occured backstage right before we had to go on for the end of the show. And of course, throughout this time (and even starting in February online) the word "love" was thrown around alot. As time went on we still continued to spend time together, but on several occasions (parties) things were awkward between us, and ended up in hurt feelings on both sides. For example, once my friend Connie had her birthday party (May 15th, I believe), and things were very weird between Mary and I. There were two movies - one upstairs and one downstairs. I heard that the one downstairs had some "hot guys" in it, and I didn't wanna be around when Mary started saying "OH MY GOD HE'S SO HOT" (not that I minded the fact she thinks they're hot - I just minded the fact that she did it around me), so I was upstairs. I also spent most of the time at the party with my friend Kevin (if any of you ever remember any guy named KRPY posting on the forum a long time ago, that was Kevin - we call him Krpy cuz his initials are KRP). I often felt when with her and friends at the same time that it was impossibly for us to be together - it was friend time. As such I just left her alone. It turns out that during the whole final third of the party she was in the bathroom with Melissa and Rachel crying because I "didn't love her." When I heard about this (after I left, actually) I was very very mad at myself and such, and I heard from her later that Melissa had been convincing her that I was a bad boyfriend and I didn't care about her, etc., and that she knew I did, etc. As summer came along we talked online constantly and met during the occasional party (most of which we made out at - there was one exception that summer). When high school began things began to get awkward again. Then Aaron, a big black guy sophmore whom Mary had known for years and loved alot as a friend, confessed that he "loved" Mary one night at a football game (which I did not attend - something I regretted for a while). Then she spent alot of time with him and even let him kiss her. She told me she didn't want to hurt him and couldn't, as she loved him too much (as a friend). And that wasn't really just a made up excuse - it was plain to see that this was having a very destructive effect on her emotionally (but she's always been a very emotional person). Finally she broke up with me, telling me it was only temporary and that she wanted to clear her mind, etc. I was kinda wanting to get out of the relationship too (temporarily), as I wanted to spend more time with my friends, etc. The next day I saw her sitting on Aaron's lap and kissing him, and I got very mad and all of a sudden wanted her back. What followed was about two weeks of me being very, very angry for being lied to and "betrayed". Please note that up until this point I believed that I loved her. Then I learned to accept what she had done. Near the very beginning of November it turned out that Aaron was only using Mary - his brother had found out that Aaron was gay and threatened to tell his mother, and Aaron used Mary to prove he wasn't gay. After that Mary was really really hurt, and then my best friend, Josh, told her he loved her, and they've been going out ever since. And I actually think they're an amazing couple and I hope they last a long time, because they're quite happy together. Woah, why the hell did I write all that? I meant to relate my own little story, but it turned out being huge.

Now I'd better get started on that volunteers post.

: Yes, very. I am also inspired to give back a bit in the way of my own funny
: story/thingy, wich is completly true.

: I'm an currently in eigth grade, so relationships are short lived at best,
: and at worst, both partys are at least vaugly awhare of what's happening.
: Regradless of this, however, meny of my friends are trying to find
: "The One" and stay with that person for as long as possable. For
: instance, one guy, let us call him "jake" because that is his
: name, met this girl at some summer camp. She lives in richmond, VA, and we
: live in Vienna, about an hour and a half apart. Anyway, he is convinced
: that she is his soul mate (this is the beginning of 7th grade, mind you)
: and they go on to have some sort of long distance relation ship up untill
: the middle of August, '04. During this time, they break up and get back
: together again, over the internet, no less then five times. This August,
: they *finaly* break up for real, after an almost sexual experiance in a
: movie theater.

: About three weeks later, he somehow finds out from her that she laid some
: other guy, and has spent this ENTIRE school year, mostly on but some off,
: going on about how she betrayed him in some way or another. So, he wants
: to get a video camera, last I heard and asked, so he could film some sort
: of finel fairwell, involing him singing and playing (incorrectly, I might
: add) that song Time Of Your Life, by Greenday, a song I happen to hate.

: All of this is true, I imbellished nothing, I, as well as most of my friends,
: are 14, as of now. Pretty sad, huh?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The meaning of BLAM?blake37 1/8/05 4:28 a.m.
     Re: The meaning of BLAM?Deathmonger 1/8/05 7:10 a.m.
           Re: The meaning of BLAM?Deathmonger 1/8/05 7:58 a.m.
                 Re: The meaning of BLAM?blake37 1/8/05 8:50 a.m.
     Re: The meaning of BLAM?•M 1/8/05 7:19 a.m.
           Re: The meaning of BLAM?ukimalefu 1/8/05 9:00 a.m.
                 Re: The meaning of BLAM?Jacke 1/8/05 9:36 a.m.
     Re: The meaning of BLAM?Forrest of B.org 1/8/05 10:37 a.m.
           Re: The meaning of BLAM?blake37 1/8/05 2:13 p.m.
                 Talk about off-topic! Appreciated, though. *NM*Steve Levinson 1/8/05 2:39 p.m.
                 Re: The meaning of BLAM?Jacke 1/8/05 3:35 p.m.
                       Re: The meaning of BLAM?blake37 1/8/05 3:50 p.m.
                             Re: The meaning of BLAM?Yossarian 1/8/05 3:57 p.m.
                                   Re: The meaning of BLAM?blake37 1/8/05 4:06 p.m.
                             I somehow find that very disturbing *NM*Deathmonger 1/8/05 5:58 p.m.
                       Re: The meaning of BLAM?Vid Boi 1/10/05 10:27 a.m.
                 Re: The meaning of BLAM?Adam Ashwell 1/8/05 4:48 p.m.
                       Re: The meaning of BLAM?blake37 1/8/05 4:57 p.m.
                             Re: The meaning of BLAM?Adam Ashwell 1/8/05 5:03 p.m.
                                   Re: The meaning of BLAM?blake37 1/8/05 5:16 p.m.
                                   Re: The meaning of BLAM?Deathmonger 1/8/05 5:56 p.m.
                                         Re: The meaning of BLAM?ukimalefu 1/8/05 6:11 p.m.
                                               My mom aint bad, but my sisters’ betterDeathmonger 1/8/05 6:26 p.m.
                                         Re: The meaning of BLAM?Steve Levinson 1/8/05 7:55 p.m.
                                               Re: The meaning of BLAM?Adam Ashwell 1/9/05 4:12 a.m.
                                                     Re: The meaning of BLAM?blake37 1/9/05 4:13 a.m.
                                               Re: The meaning of BLAM?blake37 1/9/05 4:54 a.m.
                       The meaning of PARAGRAPHS *NM* *NM*Forrest of B.org 1/9/05 1:51 p.m.
                             seconded *NM*thermoplyae 1/9/05 4:48 p.m.
                             And Thirded *NM*Steve Levinson 1/9/05 5:25 p.m.
                             Fourthed *NM*Adam Ashwell 1/10/05 9:39 a.m.
                 Re: The meaning of BLAM?Me_43 1/11/05 9:37 p.m.
     I wondered why this topic was so long.... *NM*Andrew Nagy 1/8/05 8:01 p.m.
           I did not know the monster I would unleash *NM*blake37 1/9/05 4:06 a.m.
                 Re: I did not know the monster I would unleashOri 1/9/05 7:52 a.m.
                       Re: I did not know the monster I would unleashAdam Ashwell 1/9/05 8:09 a.m.
                             Re: I did not know the monster I would unleashblake37 1/9/05 8:11 a.m.
                             Re: I did not know the monster I would unleashgoran 1/11/05 11:28 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.