/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Some Halo and ilovebees stuff (long)
Posted By: Adam J. PiskelDate: 12/14/04 5:52 p.m.

In Response To: Update from M:I's ending screen (MrHen)

: If "You" are cyborg, just how much is mechanical?

: The only other bit that I thought about was that the Marathon's are extremely
: linear. We don't actually do anything but play the role that is given to
: us... could Bungie have turned us into something with a limited free-will
: to explain the fact we can't rebel, even if we wanted to?

It seems like the cyborgs in Halo and Marathon, being "you" are better than normal humans.

"It's funny, but you've always been the colony's trouble shooter. You're bigger and stronger, and a better shot. In games, you always scored the most points and looked the hero.(Manual page 2)" [http://marathon.bungie.org/story/you.html]

Janissary, from the ilovebees site, seems to also be an enhanced cyborg-type.

"Stupid Cop: Too late, Jan. Sometime when you were a baby, somebody stuck you with a needle and shot you full of miracles. Smart, fast, strong, never get sick, never get drunk, don't need much sleep." He's talking about Janissary here. [http://qube.netninja.com/beewiki/KelwynGraham_2fMoinEditorBackup?action=highlight&value=Janissary]

All this next part is from [http://qube.netninja.com/beewiki/TheAxonPlotDramatisPersonae?action=highlight&value=Janissary]

Janissary James

-Daughter of James James
-Can survive a 3 story fall without injury, and can evade squads of guards. They call her "Walkaway Girl."
--spec: there have been incidents in the past that earned her the nickname. --dreamless
--spec: maybe the name "Walkaway Girl" is from school, because she always walks away from guys. She has been noted as a heartbreaker. Remember that this is supposedly her first offence. She wouldn't have got this nickname for being good at evading guards and the like. -- Elmo
-Shares a secret with her father about them and their past
-Can beat PQI Lie detector test - anyone feel like hazarding a guess to the acronym?
--[spec] Pop Quiz Interrogation (from the name of the clip and the words of JJ) - vortech
-Her misbehavior puts lots of other people at risk, how is uncertain
--spec - She behaves like a young Spartan (without the mental discipline). And she and her "father" are wary of any medical tests (blood tests in particular) impying that she has medical alterations that need hiding. --Wraith
--spec - Or they're simply trying to conceal their true identities? James James is definitely fictional (so says Durga), it's not certain how "real" Jan is. No need to speculate about connections to Halo or bioengineering theories yet. :) --avarame
---spec - In my opinion i think we can safely say that this whole game is Halo universe related. There have been too many references to the Covenant, and the obvious high level of technology corroborates this. We now also have a piece of evidence from the sound files, the siren noise from emergency.wav, from the Great Maw level (See the file transcript for details). I would be very surprised if we were recieving transmissions piped through a 'Halo' AI that were actually from another universe altogether. That would make very little sense indeed. --Elmo
-"The Janissaries comprised infantry units that formed the Ottoman sultan's household troops and bodyguard." Source --Chase
--They were elite slave soldiers, raised from a young age to fight.
---Janissaries were also taken from their families to be trained in military arts, just like SPARTANS.
-SPEC: She could be a SPARTAN III, a program which Colonel Ackerson started around 2525 in order to overshadow the SPARTAN II program. He often called the SPARTAN IIs freaks, which could explain that:
--The SPARTAN IIIs could have been genetically engineered to "fit in" better and be flirtatious, unlike their SPARTAN II counterparts in order to blend in with the rest of the population on Earth, but that could lead to Jan's rebellious/dangerous nature. --JackBurt0n
-spec - so, about the fact that Jan pinged on calling James dad. Spartans, according to the books, wouldn't even have been around other people, they were in constant training at remote locations. Anyone considered that the James family might not be human at all? How possible is it that they are somehow related to Covies, possibly recon? just a thought. --Skylark

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon: More on "You" (long)MrHen 12/8/04 3:57 p.m.
     Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)ukimalefu 12/8/04 4:29 p.m.
     Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)marathoner 12/9/04 4:46 a.m.
           Re: Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)MrHen 12/9/04 6:13 a.m.
     Update from M:I's ending screenMrHen 12/9/04 6:58 a.m.
           Some Halo and ilovebees stuff (long)Adam J. Piskel 12/14/04 5:52 p.m.
     I know who "you" isAfroRyan 12/9/04 11:49 a.m.
     Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)Vid Boi 12/9/04 5:19 p.m.
           Considering *my* daydreams...MrHen 12/9/04 5:32 p.m.
     Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)MrHen 1/7/05 10:11 a.m.
           Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)Tyler 1/7/05 1:28 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)Forrest of B.org 1/7/05 3:32 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)thermoplyae 1/7/05 4:27 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)Forrest of B.org 1/7/05 5:27 p.m.
                                   Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)thermoplyae 1/7/05 6:46 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)Enkidu 1/8/05 4:17 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.