/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)
Posted By: ukimalefuDate: 12/8/04 4:29 p.m.

In Response To: Marathon: More on "You" (long) (MrHen)

: "Long stuff"

Very interesting.

Now, What is considered to be a "cyborg"? Something like Robocop? An "enhanced" human brain (head) with a robotic body. Or, something like terminator, all robotic except for the organic (human-like flesh and blood) covering it. Robocop makers wanted to give him a mind and memories, but at the end he always saw himself as what he really was: Murphy. Terminator is just a robot, with a great AI yes, made to look ( and smell :^) ) like a human being. Cyborg: cybernetic organism. Can anybody post the actual Asimov definition? It was Asimov who invented the term, right?

And then, there's the stasis. After a long period of being sleep, a person, I think, would dream a lot. So after waking up, all those dream could somehow confuse the person, don't you think? It could be difficult for somebody to have memories and be sure, after the lond stasis, if those really happened, or were part of dreams. Dejavu!

I see our beloved Marathon Marine as enhanced human, something like Jean Claude Van Damme in Universal Soldier.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon: More on "You" (long)MrHen 12/8/04 3:57 p.m.
     Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)ukimalefu 12/8/04 4:29 p.m.
     Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)marathoner 12/9/04 4:46 a.m.
           Re: Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)MrHen 12/9/04 6:13 a.m.
     Update from M:I's ending screenMrHen 12/9/04 6:58 a.m.
           Some Halo and ilovebees stuff (long)Adam J. Piskel 12/14/04 5:52 p.m.
     I know who "you" isAfroRyan 12/9/04 11:49 a.m.
     Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)Vid Boi 12/9/04 5:19 p.m.
           Considering *my* daydreams...MrHen 12/9/04 5:32 p.m.
     Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)MrHen 1/7/05 10:11 a.m.
           Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)Tyler 1/7/05 1:28 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)Forrest of B.org 1/7/05 3:32 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)thermoplyae 1/7/05 4:27 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)Forrest of B.org 1/7/05 5:27 p.m.
                                   Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)thermoplyae 1/7/05 6:46 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon: More on "You" (long)Enkidu 1/8/05 4:17 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.