/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Huh?
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 12/8/04 11:20 p.m.

In Response To: Re: What do you think is the hardest M1 monster? (Andrew Nagy)

: Unless you get up on a ledge and shoot from there. But I seem to remember
: running out of ammo last time I tried that, so you may have a point.

Hay, what's the point in taking the vidmaster challenge if you cheat? The vidmaster challenge version of YTYBTYGDBT is a personal challenge. Sure, you can rocket-jump your way to safety or fight from the ledges, but what's the point? Those hunters are mean, but if you keep moving, their bolts will never hit you. It's all about skill and learning to shoot with deadly accuracy even as you run/sidestep.

: Unless you save more than half of the Bobs, and are playing original M1
: instead of M1A1.

Sigh - having never managed to save enough Bobs, M1 vs. M1A1 doesn't make a difference to me.

: Nor I. I've been wondering what it means for 3 years now.

I'm missing the point entirely with this one. The Rose on Total Carnage? Is there any other way to play it ;^) There is, however, an inherent contradiction in playing the Rose as a vidmaster. Vidmaster rules require that you kill all the Bobs, violating the whole point of the level. There seems to be an unwritten exception for The Rose, however, as documented on the Vidmaster homepage. Note the news entery for October 13, 2001. Jeff (Sidoh) Lindquist managed to complete The Rose with fists only and to save all the Bobs. I watched that film when it came out - it's long, but absolutely beautiful to see. Too bad Sidoh seems to have dropped out of the Marathon world altogether.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

What do you think is the hardest M1 monster?Dael 12/5/04 6:08 p.m.
     Re: What do you think is the hardest M1 monster?Lance Kerensky 12/5/04 6:13 p.m.
     Re: What do you think is the hardest M1 monster?marathoner 12/6/04 5:08 a.m.
     Re: What do you think is the hardest M1 monster?Callie21V 12/6/04 5:55 a.m.
           Re: What do you think is the hardest M1 monster?Andromeda_5[Kilo] 12/6/04 8:29 a.m.
                 Re: What do you think is the hardest M1 monster?Forrest of B.org 12/6/04 9:53 a.m.
                       Re: What do you think is the hardest M1 monster?Andromeda_5[Kilo] 12/6/04 10:07 a.m.
                             Re: What do you think is the hardest M1 monster?Bob-B-Q 12/6/04 12:50 p.m.
                                   :D *NM*thermoplyae 12/6/04 5:29 p.m.
                                   Re: What do you think is the hardest M1 monster?Facultas Tempestas 12/7/04 7:32 p.m.
                                         Re: What do you think is the hardest M1 monster?Andrew Nagy 12/7/04 8:21 p.m.
                                               Re: What do you think is the hardest M1 monster?Facultas Tempestas 12/7/04 9:01 p.m.
                                                     Re: What do you think is the hardest M1 monster?Andrew Nagy 12/7/04 9:24 p.m.
                                                           Huh?Steve Levinson 12/8/04 11:20 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Huh?Andrew Nagy 12/9/04 5:03 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.