/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Fin
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 10/21/04 9:55 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Fin (D-M.A.)

: Pff...I've been part of too many vaporware projects to see that happen. I'll
: make the last two levels for Mk 4. Didn't you say earlier that it wasn't
: due until Nov. 14 anyways? I'm REALLY busy right now with other stuff, but
: I can make Nov. 14 I'm sure.

Oh yeah, Nov 14. My own schedule is really messed up. Got different, important things happening every weekend from here through the end of November... Amtgard crown events this Sunday (heh, our new name is the *Eternal* Coast, how appropriate), Halloween and related events next weekend, more Amtgard events and Rocky rehearsals the 7th, Eternal Mk IV and more Rocky rehearsals the 14th, my cast's last production of the Rocky Horror Picture Show the 20th, Thanksgiving after that... and then November is over. Sheesh.

And yeah, thank you for doing the last two levels for Mk IV.

: And if the entire project isn't done by the
: time of Marathon's 10th b-day, we can still finish the scenario.

Eventually. If I'm still around after this winter. I may be moving away up north, leaving all my friends, family, activities... Kayla... all of it behind, to transfer to another school, where I can (in another 2-3 years) get a higher degree in my field (Multimedia), which is still only a BA, which at the age of 22 I should already have by now, even though education is not the most important hiring criteria for my career of choice (game design), portfolio is, hence Eternal, which in hindsight would really make a crappy item for a modern game design portfolio, but if I were to do any MODERN game design I'd have to be working on PC, which I'm not going to do unless someone is alreayd paying me for it... and besides which, my career of choice has turned into a corporate shithole since I started this path and I really don't have any talent in *it* either, besides writing stories and design documents...

I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life once this semester is over. I can't keep going to school at SBCC, my grants there have run out. I can't keep working the same job I'm at forever, they're running out of work for me. Every other job requires either more talent, experience, or a higher degree than I have, or is boring shit work that pays less than I make now. I'm not exceptionally good at anything, and I can't stand to do menial things that don't engage me for more than a few hours a day. I also can't do much in the way of physical labor for long.

I think I might like to teach. I'm told I'm quite good at it, and I enjoy it. I have no idea how to get started there though, and from what I hear it doesn't pay all that great for the level of work I'd care to do (6th grade). Nice vacation time, at least... 2-3 months in the summer...

Sorry. You got me started and I just had to vent somewhere.

: You
: already have a shitload of maps in there and once we make the textures a
: bit more varied and finish polishing everything, I think we have a great
: scenario! I for one expect to see the end of this project ;) Once
: everything is done, I'll make everyone eat it! Mark my words; I'LL MAKE
: YOU ALL EAT IT!!! MUAHAAHAHAHAAAA...EAT IT!!! Now I'm just starting to
: sound stupid, so I think I'll stop typi

I appreciate the enthusiasm, and any help you can give will gladly be accepted. I'm just not holding out hope for anything anymore...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

FinForrest of B.org 10/21/04 7:11 p.m.
     Re: FinMista_B 10/21/04 8:15 p.m.
           Re: FinForrest of B.org 10/21/04 9:32 p.m.
                 Reply in the 'org. *NM*Mista_B 10/21/04 10:38 p.m.
     Re: FinD-M.A. 10/21/04 8:17 p.m.
           *seconds* *NM*Mista_B 10/21/04 8:44 p.m.
                 *thirds* oh...wait, D-M.A. is me... *NM*D-M.A. 10/21/04 8:59 p.m.
           Re: FinForrest of B.org 10/21/04 9:55 p.m.
                 Re: FinD-M.A. 10/21/04 11:37 p.m.
                       Somebody help him! *NM*ukimalefu 10/22/04 2:49 a.m.
     Re: FinDr. John Sumner 10/22/04 3:31 a.m.
           Re: FinForrest of B.org 10/22/04 9:00 p.m.
     Re: FinOri 10/22/04 3:07 p.m.
           Re: FinForrest of B.org 10/22/04 9:04 p.m.
                 Re: FinOri 10/23/04 8:41 p.m.
                       Re: FinForrest of B.org 10/24/04 1:30 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.