/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Fin
Posted By: Mista_BDate: 10/21/04 8:15 p.m.

In Response To: Fin (Forrest of B.org)

*warning: just drank a bottle of wine. typos and such may be attributed to such*

Well, shit.

I'm afraid my expertise doesn't go beyond Anvil mastery, so, all I can offer is help with quirky physics/graphics importation stuff. 'fraid I don't have any map/graphics creation skills.

Any chance you'd have a use for me?

Side note: I'm the guy who did the basic weapons grapics importation/physics, before I lost computer access for about 2 months. Only reason I didn't volunteer further since I came back is, well, I figured that since I didn't know any Forge stuff, and that seemed to be the biggest part of what needed to be done, I'd done all I could.

Still - anything Anvil related I could do to help? Is it M1 Monster importation you need, or 100% new sprites?

Keep in mind I'm working on a 333Mhz iMac, with OS 8.6 and 32MB RAM; I can't run the latest greatest OS X version of Aleph, but I'm more than willing to do anything Anvil related.

Hm.

Well. *pauses*

I'll say this: I'll do anything I am able to, that being Anvil relatated, that I can to see this succeed. I realize that you need primarily Forge folk, and I can't help you there. I do have Photoshop 3.0, though, and I can work as hard as I can at making something new if you can give me specifications as to what you want. I don't have much drawing type talent, but I can work hard, and if you point out my mistakes, I can refine further towards what you're looking for.

*thinks*

Yeah, I'll reiterate - I'll do whatever I can, even though it ain't much.

Okay. So who's with me?

*glares at the assemblage*

C'mon!

Further, you need 10 new levels for Mk. V. Okay, I can't help with that, but I can suggest: is there anything you could repurpose from the Orphanage? Anything at all, if even to rough it out?

Hell, even old netmaps. I'll suggest, find an old netmap that might work for your purposes, email it's author for permission to alter it to your needs, and if they don't reply in, say, two weeks, assume permission for usage until told otherwise.

Do whatever you can get away with man, I'm *loathe* to let stuff like this fall on it's ass so close to the finish line.

*reiteration: I've been drinking, but I stand by my offer. I want to play Eternal, Mk. 100% done and finished and over with.*

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

FinForrest of B.org 10/21/04 7:11 p.m.
     Re: FinMista_B 10/21/04 8:15 p.m.
           Re: FinForrest of B.org 10/21/04 9:32 p.m.
                 Reply in the 'org. *NM*Mista_B 10/21/04 10:38 p.m.
     Re: FinD-M.A. 10/21/04 8:17 p.m.
           *seconds* *NM*Mista_B 10/21/04 8:44 p.m.
                 *thirds* oh...wait, D-M.A. is me... *NM*D-M.A. 10/21/04 8:59 p.m.
           Re: FinForrest of B.org 10/21/04 9:55 p.m.
                 Re: FinD-M.A. 10/21/04 11:37 p.m.
                       Somebody help him! *NM*ukimalefu 10/22/04 2:49 a.m.
     Re: FinDr. John Sumner 10/22/04 3:31 a.m.
           Re: FinForrest of B.org 10/22/04 9:00 p.m.
     Re: FinOri 10/22/04 3:07 p.m.
           Re: FinForrest of B.org 10/22/04 9:04 p.m.
                 Re: FinOri 10/23/04 8:41 p.m.
                       Re: FinForrest of B.org 10/24/04 1:30 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.