/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Seropian quote in XBN
Posted By: deathmongerDate: 10/20/04 6:57 a.m.

I was browsing through one of my b.net Chapters, and found this little baby. And I quote:

While reading the new November issue of XBN (the Halo2 one), I noticed a very interesting quote from The Man himself. The quote isn't from the Halo2 singleplayer article, but from an article on the making of Halo1.

The article reads, '...But for Seropian, it all starts with Marathon...What they [Marathon players] didn't know is that the character they were playing was the very first incarnation of Master Chief... "I don't think you ever find that out, but it's the same character," Seropian says. "God, we've never said that before, but it's completely obvious. Cortana isn't in Marathon, but there are three A.I.s in there that came from the same stylistic story line." '

End quote.

Now, the only question left is, is the security officer literally the same character as the Chief, or a previous incarnation of the same entity?

Myself, I like the idea of the “Eternal Warrior” better. I don’t think Seropian meant that the security officer was physically the same character as the Chief, but more of an incarnation of his 'soul'.

The immediate question that comes to my mind is weather or not this will somehow be incorporated into Halo 2.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Seropian quote in XBNdeathmonger 10/20/04 6:57 a.m.
     Re: Seropian quote in XBNK-chi 10/20/04 7:10 a.m.
           Re: Seropian quote in XBNdeathmonger 10/20/04 8:50 a.m.
                 Re: Seropian quote in XBNBob-B-Q 10/20/04 9:06 a.m.
                 Re: Seropian quote in XBNK-chi 10/20/04 1:22 p.m.
     Re: Seropian quote in XBNJacke 10/20/04 7:33 a.m.
     Re: Seropian quote in XBNVid Boi 10/20/04 8:19 a.m.
           Re: Seropian quote in XBNdeathmonger 10/20/04 9:18 a.m.
                 Re: Seropian quote in XBNJacke 10/20/04 9:58 a.m.
                       All roads lead to sol... *NM*Brian Wise (Mr. Cactus) 10/20/04 1:11 p.m.
                             Conspiracy theory... ;-)ukimalefu 10/20/04 3:27 p.m.
                                   Re: Conspiracy theory... ;-)K-chi 10/21/04 6:41 a.m.
           Re: Seropian quote in XBNAndrew Nagy 10/21/04 10:22 a.m.
     Re: Seropian quote in XBNDocument 10/24/06 12:00 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.