/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clear
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 9/3/04 5:16 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clear (Steve Levinson)

I meant to report some minor things about Level 7 that I spotted as I was playing it. I got so wrapped up in dicussing the loop from level 4 to level 7, that I forgot about them.

(1) The window at line 2031 is very bouncy.

(2) The door at line 676 is very bouncy.

(3) The door at line 430 is very bouncy.

(4) I had a bit of trouble going back up the platform at poly 186. It's raised slightly off the ground. All I had to do was barely touch it and it would be activated before I could get onto it completely. Fortunately it returns to it's initial position. I think the problem might be that the player hits their head on the ceiling as they are getting on the platform. The awkwardness of that results in the platform leaving without the player.

(5) I notice that this level does not have a Pattern Buffer. Ordinarily I would say no big deal since the level has no enemies. However, the player must explore the level pretty extensively before locating the exit terminal. Along the way, there are a couple of crushing platforms that the player could get killed on. In fact, they are located close to where the player teleports. Given that the player is not going to know where to go, it's conceivable they will explore the entire level before locating these platforms. Stand on them too long and they are dead. Then they have to start the level over again. I'd like to see a PB somewhere in the level before the player teleports into the final room and then maybe another one in the final room itself. The one in the final room is not crucial, but the level needs one before encountering those crushing platforms.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearDr. John Sumner 9/3/04 1:53 p.m.
     Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearblake37 9/3/04 3:38 p.m.
           Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearSteve Levinson 9/3/04 4:29 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearblake37 9/3/04 4:42 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearDr. John Sumner 9/3/04 5:16 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearSteve Levinson 9/3/04 6:33 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearAdam Ashwell 9/4/04 6:05 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearSteve Levinson 9/4/04 6:42 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearD-M.A. 9/4/04 9:11 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearSteve Levinson 9/3/04 6:41 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.