/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clear
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 9/3/04 4:29 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clear (blake37)

: i'm not forrest, so my opoin hardly counts, but i like the system, it makes
: sense to me anyway. as for less then super players, that why thare are
: different diffuculty levels. have a hard time on TC? switch to MD or
: normal when you're ready to open fire in the streets with automactic
: weapons.

You make the assumption that the player recognizes that the key to breaking the cycle is to beat the clock, but what if they don't get it? Just ask Chris Lund - there were more than a few players who wanted to know how to reach the Salinger Plank in Rubicon - they never figured it out, even with all the clues. It's one thing to finish the game in a failed timeline, but quite another to be caught in game pergatory where the player can never finish. I agree with John here - you don't want to make the player repeat Moontanning more than once. He's right - the easiest approach is to duplicate the level and change it subtlly to make a successful run easier, and to make sure that if the player fails, they don't just end up back in level 5 again. Short of that, the instructions in level 7 need to be more explicit - in addition to the usual Jjaro ramblings, there has to be something explicit about not letting Hathor escape this time. And it needs to be much easier to beat the clock.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearDr. John Sumner 9/3/04 1:53 p.m.
     Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearblake37 9/3/04 3:38 p.m.
           Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearSteve Levinson 9/3/04 4:29 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearblake37 9/3/04 4:42 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearDr. John Sumner 9/3/04 5:16 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearSteve Levinson 9/3/04 6:33 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearAdam Ashwell 9/4/04 6:05 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearSteve Levinson 9/4/04 6:42 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearD-M.A. 9/4/04 9:11 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal - Level 7 - It all becomes clearSteve Levinson 9/3/04 6:41 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.