/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal - More Level 6 musings
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 9/3/04 11:12 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal - More Level 6 musings (Steve Levinson)

: An interesting
: thing happened in level 6 - after the 3rd wave, the monsters started
: ignoring me - an apparent monster freeze problem.

: When it comes to the core itself, nothing is more frustrating than getting
: zapped off that slowly rising pillar by a compiler.

I finished level 6 a few minutes ago. I like the layout of the level and what it is trying to accomplish. However, I think the regenerating enemies make the level not nearly as fun. I agree with Steve and can confirm his observations. The platforms are slow moving and make the player a sitting duck for the invisible compilers, at least the small platforms do. I also experienced the "big ignore" by the monsters. Mine occurred after I flipped the two switches on either side of the chip insertion. When I came back down the elevator, the remaining enemies ignored me. Off to the side where the enemies spawn, there was this HUGE crowd of projectile fighters just sitting there along with several Hunters. All the enemies ignored me from that point on. By the way, those switches next to the chip insertion are supposed to activate their doors for only one minute right? However, if you hit these two switches again, it locks those doors in place. So there is no need to hurry. I know that was not intended, but it did come in handy. Frankly, if the enemies had acted the whole time the way they are supposed to act, I could see how it would be extremely frustrating to try and make it to those doors before they close, only to be knocked off the platforms by the compilers and not make it there in time.

I think this level can be made challenging and fun, and perhaps fairly tough on TC without any regenerating enemies. That would be my suggestion. If regenerating enemies are to remain a permanent part of this level, then I would concur with Steve's suggestion to tone down the regeneration rate.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal - Level 5Dr. John Sumner 9/3/04 8:06 a.m.
     Re: Eternal - Level 5/6Steve Levinson 9/3/04 9:00 a.m.
           Re: Eternal - More Level 6 musingsSteve Levinson 9/3/04 9:55 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal - More Level 6 musingsAdam Ashwell 9/3/04 10:13 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal - More Level 6 musingsDr. John Sumner 9/3/04 11:12 a.m.
                       Re: Eternal - More Level 6 musingsDr. John Sumner 9/3/04 11:58 a.m.
                             Agreed *NM*Steve Levinson 9/3/04 12:34 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.