/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Scorched Cauldron
Posted By: Andrew SchenkDate: 8/28/04 12:05 p.m.

In Response To: Re: PF Volunteers - Scorched Cauldron (Dr. John Sumner)

Don't let the name fool you, I'm Matt, just on a different computer and I don't feel like signing in.

I tried to make this level different with the monsters; instead of releasing hordes of cannon-fodder at the player, I decided to make more with less. However, due to a bug with the physics editor that constantly corrupts the physics model, the compilers do not act as they should. Actually, I've had the hardest time with the physics model because the editor program likes to change values behind my back...explaining the weak troopers. Actually for the longest time the trooper's bullets would be so scattered you could stand in front of them and NEVER get hit. ARG! It's SO damn frustrating!! However, I do not know what bug is crashing the biotubes. As far as I've been able to tell, it randomly crashes the machine when a biotube is destroyed. I originally used many more biotubes, but it would crash so many times it wasn't worth it. I reduced it to two and tested it a few times...no crashes. I guess those times I tested it I got lucky and it decided to not choke my computer. If anybody can help with this bug PLEASE let me know!!!

Oh, and Steve, the teleporting issue: I'll have to check through the terminals, and it's very likely I just forgot to add this bit and it never even crossed my mind; but the LONG range teleporters were supposed to be flaky (still useable, but would sometimes take somebody to the wrong place or worse yet, teleport them into an object and thus killing them). However, all the in-level teleportation in War is short range. Then after the flashfire device is activated, it disrrupts the alien war machine, and thus clears up the teleportation interference.
-matt

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Scorched CauldronSteve Levinson 8/25/04 9:42 p.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Scorched CauldronDr. John Sumner 8/26/04 3:12 a.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Scorched CauldronSteve Levinson 8/26/04 8:09 a.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Scorched CauldronDr. John Sumner 8/26/04 9:20 a.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Scorched CauldronAndrew Schenk 8/28/04 12:05 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.