/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Mary Rose
Posted By: mattschenkDate: 8/21/04 7:43 p.m.

In Response To: Re: PF Volunteers - Who is Mary Rose? (Dr. John Sumner)

I can definitely make the crushing platforms lower faster. Also there are a few minor bugs that need to be addressed, and I think they were already mentioned (spiral staircase, lazy compilers...) I also remember that this level has quite a few polys left, so I can use this elbow room to tweak and modify the level to really bring out its atmosphere. Speaking of which, this level is sort of an interlude from your typical colony missions. It's setting is a now abandoned experimental laboratory (the notes in the map mode must have been erased somehow) and the whole thing is meant to be slightly disorientating and perhaps confusing....but not at all frustrating. I am sorry you feel this way Steve.
Oh, and extra polys means possible additions of....secrets!! And what a fitting level for secrets.
The Mary Rose was an english ship that sunk and was rediscovered I believe sometime in the mid 1900s. I can't exactly remember because it's been years since I've read about it. The boat had a treasure trove of artifacts, including many bows. These bows, although submerged in water for centuries, gave modern bowyers and scientists unrivaled information about their construction, use, and capacity. Although I doubt anybody else here is interested in traditional archery, still the reference to an archiological site seemed appropriate to me for the level's title.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Who is Mary Rose?Steve Levinson 8/20/04 11:23 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Who is Mary Rose?Dr. John Sumner 8/20/04 12:18 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Mary Rosemattschenk 8/21/04 7:43 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Mary RoseSteve Levinson 8/21/04 8:00 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.