/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Under the Sea
Posted By: mattschenkDate: 7/11/04 7:39 p.m.

In Response To: PF Volunteers - Under the Sea (Steve Levinson)

I'm really glad you guys liked this level. I believe it is the first to make use of water and in addition you can go below to see into the water tanks! (or at least it is a map trick/illusion). Did you notice the ambient fish swimming? I was having a hard time getting them to work and was not sure if they appeared for other players.

The hard part with the waterfalls: sometimes life throws you inbetween a rock and a hardplace. I understand how this can be frustrating, but I hestitate to make drastic changes. I could however try to work sublt changes to give the player slightly better odds-maybe that safe-room idea with the 2x recharger.

You're right on Steve with Osindir. It was sometimes hard writing his terminals just because I wanted to throw in some emotion-it can be hard to think and write like a machine! Curiously, does anybody recognize this AI's name? Unlike Shaki and Mece, Osindir's name comes from an outside source. Maybe I spent too many hours playing Angband years ago...
-matt

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Under the SeaSteve Levinson 7/10/04 7:57 p.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Under the SeaDr. John Sumner 7/11/04 3:27 a.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Under the SeaSteve Levinson 7/11/04 7:52 a.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Under the SeaDr. John Sumner 7/11/04 8:57 a.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Under the SeaSteve Levinson 7/11/04 9:56 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Under the Seamattschenk 7/11/04 7:39 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.