/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Under the Sea
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 7/11/04 8:57 a.m.

In Response To: Re: PF Volunteers - Under the Sea (Steve Levinson)

: I'll pass on the vid film - no offense, but I find your vid films - well,
: let's say that they are great for treating insomnia. I am always amzed at
: what you can do, although I'm getting closer and closer to duplicating
: what you do every day - but watching someone else fist a hulk, for
: example, is about as exciting as watching grass grow. I did try your
: approach here - I just wasn't patient enough to wait for a trooper to
: berserk.

That's ok. I wasn't really offering the film to anyone necessarily. Just wanted to mention that in addition to playing the level twice in that way, I also had a film that utilized the technique. However, speaking of films, I just finished vidding "All is Quiet...". Never thought I'd be able to do that one. And yes, I used quite a bit of ammo in that film. As of this moment, I have vid films for 38 of the 44 levels of PF. I hesitated to even start, since any future version of PF will nullify the playing back of these films. But the urge was just too much. I will probably upload those to Fileball in a few days. As for the boringness of the films, Steve you know me too well. In a paragraph below you speak of the "challenge"...well that's what vidding is all about for me, the challenge....my style is not meant to impress or excite anyone.....I truly believe that the only real way to appreciate a Fists only film of a hard level is to actually do it yourself, or to experience yourself the many, many failed attempts until that one time comes along when everything goes your way and you finish the level. I can't describe the excitement that comes from that. I fully understand it's not an exercise for everyone. Most players simply don't care. Hey, that's ok with me. All I am trying to do is make an already fun game even more fun for myself.

: What I would do is to place that 2X
: recharger out of the line fire, perhaps in a side alcove, and to place a
: monster impassable boundary at the entrance to the larger alcove. This
: would give the player a true safe haven to which they could retreat.

Yes that is a very good idea. Part of the problem I encountered is that even when you drop down and hide in the corner near the 2x recharger, there just was not enough room to avoid taking a fatal amount of damage from the many enemies. I could not fire any weapon fast enough to keep up with their return fire. That's what led to the technique I ended up using.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Under the SeaSteve Levinson 7/10/04 7:57 p.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Under the SeaDr. John Sumner 7/11/04 3:27 a.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Under the SeaSteve Levinson 7/11/04 7:52 a.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Under the SeaDr. John Sumner 7/11/04 8:57 a.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Under the SeaSteve Levinson 7/11/04 9:56 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Under the Seamattschenk 7/11/04 7:39 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.