/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 6/30/04 3:42 p.m.

In Response To: Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills! (mattschenk)

: The L shaped room with the hunters and unattainable ammo was a later
: revision. I had meant the ammo to be a secret, but I do not think it
: worked entirely. I'll either fix the secret or take out the ammo.

Fix the secret - I love secrets.

: The hulk should NOT change to another creature on TC!! I'm hoping this is a
: simple physics model error and all I need to do is fix the
: "minor" and "major" tags.

All I know is that the first time I played through the scenario, there were no hulks at all - only the native variety. This time through I'm switching to normal when I switch levels so that I can see the monsters as the average player would for the purpose of the volunteers series, but still play on TC for the challenge. This time at least through the first half of the scenario, they're all hulks. Maybe there is a problem with the shapes file or maybe my saved game was corrupted. When I have a chance I'll try playing an appropriate level on TC from the beginning to test my hypothesis.

: On a side note, this is one of my favorite levels to use mines, the tight
: cooridors of the building and elevators are ideal to ambush the
: over-zealous aliens.

I did use mines in places here, too. There are levels later on where mines play a more critical role, so I wouldn't advise using a lot of them here.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 6/28/04 8:44 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Dr. John Sumner 6/28/04 11:55 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 6/28/04 3:32 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!SockPuppet 6/28/04 10:16 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!mattschenk 6/30/04 3:06 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Dr. John Sumner 6/30/04 3:30 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 6/30/04 3:42 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 7/3/04 7:43 a.m.
                             Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Dr. John Sumner 7/3/04 9:03 a.m.
                                   Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!mattschenk 7/3/04 5:26 p.m.
                                         Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 7/3/04 7:33 p.m.
                                               Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Dr. John Sumner 7/4/04 4:07 a.m.
                                         Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Jason Harper 7/5/04 11:08 p.m.
                                               Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Andrew Nagy 7/13/04 12:18 p.m.
                                                     Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Jason Harper 7/14/04 12:50 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.