/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!
Posted By: mattschenkDate: 6/30/04 3:06 p.m.

In Response To: Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills! (Steve Levinson)

I'm not sure if it customary for authors to chime in during the volunteer series, but to hell with customs. First off, thanks for pointing out the poorly written terminal, I'm sure there will be plenty of those. I wrote the terminals for the first 10 or so levels a few years ago, but as the scenario progressed the story took radical directional changes. I ended up going through all the terminals this May, shortly before the end of school, so many of the terminals were written late at night and I was the only person to proof read them; the author is the last person you want to proof read.
The L shaped room with the hunters and unattainable ammo was a later revision. I had meant the ammo to be a secret, but I do not think it worked entirely. I'll either fix the secret or take out the ammo.
The hulk should NOT change to another creature on TC!! I'm hoping this is a simple physics model error and all I need to do is fix the "minor" and "major" tags.
On a side note, this is one of my favorite levels to use mines, the tight cooridors of the building and elevators are ideal to ambush the over-zealous aliens.
Was the eye candy down one of the alleys the car being attacked? That was another late edition that I personally really like for the ambience and feeling of an attacked colony it provides.
Well, on to the other levels' comments. Keep up the good work critiquing the scenario so far, this will definitely help Andy and me iron out the wrinkles.
-matt

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 6/28/04 8:44 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Dr. John Sumner 6/28/04 11:55 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 6/28/04 3:32 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!SockPuppet 6/28/04 10:16 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!mattschenk 6/30/04 3:06 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Dr. John Sumner 6/30/04 3:30 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 6/30/04 3:42 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 7/3/04 7:43 a.m.
                             Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Dr. John Sumner 7/3/04 9:03 a.m.
                                   Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!mattschenk 7/3/04 5:26 p.m.
                                         Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 7/3/04 7:33 p.m.
                                               Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Dr. John Sumner 7/4/04 4:07 a.m.
                                         Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Jason Harper 7/5/04 11:08 p.m.
                                               Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Andrew Nagy 7/13/04 12:18 p.m.
                                                     Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Jason Harper 7/14/04 12:50 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.