/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 6/28/04 11:55 a.m.

In Response To: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills! (Steve Levinson)

: Wow! What a level! It would seem that the previous three levels were really
: just a warm-up. Now it's down to business as we settle into a level of
: difficulty that will not let up for the rest of the scenario.

Wow indeed!! Steve is right. This level is much more difficult on TC than the first three combined. In fact, the difficulty took me by surprise the first time I played (I am playing again as we go through PF). Of course, my style of play demands that I use as little ammo as possible. I did manage to get through this level on TC without using any ammo....but it required MANY trips out the door to the outside before I was able to overcome all the enemies out there.

: although for now we only see them firing on us from windows
: up high

In the extreme north part of the level, there is an L-shaped area where these Hunters are located. Inside is a goodly amount of ammo (checked with Pfhorte). I am pretty sure that this area is not accessible. Does anybody know if it's possible to get in there? If not, then that ammo ought to be removed. Also, is it normal to have the texture on the outside wall below that window to be misaligned with the rest of the surrounding walls? Or is that a function of having a window there? Or is that the way Matt and Andrew wanted it to look?

: You start out in the basement and must take an elevator to the
: 1st floor to gain access to the outside of the complex.

Don't forget to look behind the elevator. There are two Troopers, but also some ammo and an extra AR.

You can also jump
: out of a 2nd floor window which you might want to do after recharging your
: shields.

This is exactly the strategy I used in getting command of the outdoor area without using ammo.

One other interesting thing about this level is the secret ammo. The only reason I know about it is because I always check (Pfhorte) to make sure I collected all ammo on any given level. In the outdoor area on the NE side of the central building, there is a large ammo cache up on one of the raised ledges. The only way to access it is to go out the window Steve mentions and hop around the various columns that surround the building. It's not that difficult, but does require some concentration and patience. It's definitely worth getting as it's quite a bit of ammo. Also, there is a secret Missile Launcher on top of the NE column of the building. I have never been able to get it. I wrote Matt and asked if it was accessible. He said he didn't think so and that it was left as a tease. Arg!! I hate teases.

Finally, one more thing about the Troopers everyone should not forget. In PF as in M1, they ARE still berserkers. That came in handy when I was playing this level. There is enough room to Fist them. But given the abundance of enemies, I found myself relying more on berserking them than trying to Fist them.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 6/28/04 8:44 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Dr. John Sumner 6/28/04 11:55 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 6/28/04 3:32 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!SockPuppet 6/28/04 10:16 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!mattschenk 6/30/04 3:06 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Dr. John Sumner 6/30/04 3:30 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 6/30/04 3:42 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 7/3/04 7:43 a.m.
                             Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Dr. John Sumner 7/3/04 9:03 a.m.
                                   Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!mattschenk 7/3/04 5:26 p.m.
                                         Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 7/3/04 7:33 p.m.
                                               Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Dr. John Sumner 7/4/04 4:07 a.m.
                                         Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Jason Harper 7/5/04 11:08 p.m.
                                               Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Andrew Nagy 7/13/04 12:18 p.m.
                                                     Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Jason Harper 7/14/04 12:50 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.