/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

RED 1.1: Physics overview
Posted By: Mark LevinDate: 6/8/04 9:39 p.m.

There have been several requests for changes to the RED physics model, which means they would have to be made on many levels to stay consistent.

• Make all enemies vulnerable to fists. I can't really see any reason not to do this; if you're good enough to punch the monsters without getting instantly killed you may as well earn some benefit for it. I've changed my mind about the brothers, and I don't think there's anything wrong with making them vulnerable to fists as well, since there is now a place where you do have to defeat one of them in combat (the end of Looking for Floaters) and you may as well be able to use fists there if you really want to. They appear to kill-able on Heads or Tails already, so we'll just add Fist vulnerability there if it's not already in.
  • Head bots fire drone bolts and move slower. This should make them far less dangerous and easier to kill, more in line with their status as second-lowest Metalloid enemy.
  • Reaver Fusion Mace has 100 (give or take) units of ammo for second trigger. We may wish to reduce this number significantly since I also plan to give the player a brand-new mace on each level. What's the maximum amount of extra health we want the player to be able to charge to?
  • Bug in the Reaver physics, at least on Can You Say Mosh Pit: The energy balls fired from the Reaver Shotgun should not be set to Bleeding Projectile, so their custom impact flash is displayed instead of a tiny splash of blood when hitting a monster.

Anything I missed?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED 1.1: Physics overviewMark Levin 6/8/04 9:39 p.m.
     Re: RED 1.1: Physics overviewMe_43 6/9/04 1:33 a.m.
           Re: RED 1.1: Physics overviewMark Levin 6/9/04 6:51 a.m.
     Re: RED 1.1: Physics overviewSteve Levinson 6/9/04 4:07 a.m.
           Re: RED 1.1: Physics overviewMark Levin 6/9/04 6:36 a.m.
                 Re: RED 1.1: Physics overviewAndrew Nagy 6/9/04 8:51 a.m.
                       Re: RED 1.1: Physics overviewMark Levin 6/9/04 9:44 a.m.
                             Re: RED 1.1: Physics overviewSteve Levinson 6/9/04 11:36 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.