/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: clarity, clarity...
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 5/15/04 12:48 p.m.

In Response To: Re: clarity, clarity... (Mista_B)

The Trilogy Volunteers were dominated by Mark Levin's still unproven view that there is only One True Timeline, and for that reason I take issue with them.

I still stand by my initial timelines as submitted to the Marathon Story Page back when this was still a topic of current debate and these forums did not exist. This is from memory, so it may be inaccutate.

First off, NO JJARO BOXERS! Time travel always happens when we encounter Thoth; there's no reason to believe that we do all this on our own unaided.

Now, the timelines we have are M2, the Infinity prologue (both the manual and Ne Cede Malis, of which we only see the ends), Despair, Rage, and possibly Envy. I seem to recall there being some indication that Envy was not actually a new timeline, but I don't have the time to look it up right now. Maybe later.

My brain is kinda of fried so this post is a little off kilter but I'm posting it anyway.

In the final timeline, you take Durandal's primal patten as he is destroyed, go to Thoth as the Pfhor have been discovering him, place Durandal's pattern in there and the two are merged. While Tfear is punishing you for insubordination, Jjarandal (my nickname for the merged entity) signals the S'pht'Kr. The Pfhor launch the trih xeem of course, but you go to the Yrro station and contain the nova.

Each of the previous timelines is a failed timeline because the W'rkncacnter was released, which would cause an effective end to the universe. As soon as the timeline is doomed to release a W'rkncacnter, and Thoth is around and active to care about it, you get sent back to try a different path to prevent that fate.

Clear?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

clarity, clarity...acropolis.piltdown 5/14/04 4:08 p.m.
     Re: clarity, clarity...Mista_B 5/14/04 8:34 p.m.
           volunteers is only a beginning.acropolis.piltdown 5/15/04 12:05 a.m.
                 Re: volunteers is only a beginning.Bob-B-Q 5/15/04 3:06 a.m.
                 Re: volunteers is only a beginning.Mista_B 5/15/04 8:49 a.m.
           Re: clarity, clarity...Forrest of B.org 5/15/04 12:48 p.m.
                 i, too, am less forthcoming...acropolis.piltdown 5/15/04 4:19 p.m.
                       Re: i, too, am less forthcoming...Forrest of B.org 5/15/04 4:25 p.m.
                       Re: i, too, am less forthcoming...Yossarian 5/15/04 5:03 p.m.
                             yossarian, on the other hand, is just silly.acropolis.piltdown 5/15/04 11:52 p.m.
                                   te hee *NM*Yossarian 5/16/04 3:25 p.m.
                                   Re: yossarian, on the other hand, is just silly.Todd 5/16/04 11:05 p.m.
                                         soon.acropolis.piltdown 5/17/04 5:48 p.m.
                                               Re: soon.Todd 5/18/04 1:59 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.