/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

clarity, clarity...
Posted By: acropolis.piltdownDate: 5/14/04 4:08 p.m.

Hush, no questions, only answers.

I seek resolution in my mind on the key points of Marathon: Infinity. Confirm for me, my tiny friends, the main strands of this scenario:

Strand 0:
Original M2 timeline. Failure; Durandal cannot possibly know of the station's powers and is trapped along with the player on it as the hungry beasts are unleashed unto the void.

Strand 1:
Player remains at Tau Ceti for one reason or another, and is taken as Tycho's servant when the Pfhor return with swift anger to the benighted planet. However, Durandal finds the Sph't'Kr in any case and the trith xeem is used.

Strand 2:
Durandal wakes the player up earlier, and as a result becomes aware of the traps laid in wait for him. Battle Group 7 inevitably shows up as Thoth is being activated by others and annihilation is imminent.

Strand 3:
Same as two, except the player is now in the service of Tycho instead. As Durandal's ship is boarded, the player reneges from Tycho's service and retrives Durandal's primal pattern.

Strand 4(Final):
Here is where I am led astray. There are two possibilities that occur to me as to the providence of this timeline: Either it is a return to one of the previous Tycho timelines with Durandal's brainpan in tow, or it is a final melding of the several of the previous timelines to achieve a result where Durandal is subdued without having uncovered the Sph't'Kr, and the player at least nominally works for Tycho.

In any case, the player submits to Tfear's service in order to get near the Thoth AI, and eventually melds Durandal and Thoth's primal patterns in order to create a renewed AI with both the knowledge of the station's powers and willingness to share this information. Player is sent to Aye Mak Sicur and the chaos is subdued.

Confirm and expand my speculations, if you will, I must know.

acropolis.piltdown

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

clarity, clarity...acropolis.piltdown 5/14/04 4:08 p.m.
     Re: clarity, clarity...Mista_B 5/14/04 8:34 p.m.
           volunteers is only a beginning.acropolis.piltdown 5/15/04 12:05 a.m.
                 Re: volunteers is only a beginning.Bob-B-Q 5/15/04 3:06 a.m.
                 Re: volunteers is only a beginning.Mista_B 5/15/04 8:49 a.m.
           Re: clarity, clarity...Forrest of B.org 5/15/04 12:48 p.m.
                 i, too, am less forthcoming...acropolis.piltdown 5/15/04 4:19 p.m.
                       Re: i, too, am less forthcoming...Forrest of B.org 5/15/04 4:25 p.m.
                       Re: i, too, am less forthcoming...Yossarian 5/15/04 5:03 p.m.
                             yossarian, on the other hand, is just silly.acropolis.piltdown 5/15/04 11:52 p.m.
                                   te hee *NM*Yossarian 5/16/04 3:25 p.m.
                                   Re: yossarian, on the other hand, is just silly.Todd 5/16/04 11:05 p.m.
                                         soon.acropolis.piltdown 5/17/04 5:48 p.m.
                                               Re: soon.Todd 5/18/04 1:59 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.