/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

I forgot to list my games!
Posted By: SiphonophoDate: 4/23/04 6:39 p.m.

In Response To: Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon? (Siphonopho)

Let's see...

Mac---

Pocket Tanks- Masterfully done version of the Atari game "Artillary". Mac and PC verions. Get it here.

Unreal Tournament- Assault just flat out rules, and UT loves Glide rendering :) Great for us with Voodoo cards. It does start to feel old after awhile, but what keeps me coming back is one word: MODs. I play Infiltration (realistic, squad based military game), and Tactical Ops (Counter Strike for UT, really), and Air Fight (Helicoptors and jets. On an FPS. Cool.). Oh yeah, don't forget the Marathon MODs as well, they're the best part.

Secret of Monkey Island- Very smart, funny game. Great puzzles and nice storyline, this game is a favorite. My only problem is that I had trouble finding out the little things required to proceed with the story.

Starcraft- If you don't know what this is, seriously, throw away your computer (Or give it to me!! :)). Very nice story and great voice acting. Aside from Myth 2, it's my favorite RTS. (Yes, I know Myth is really in a different genre, but still)

Dreamcast---

Virtua Tennis- Really easy to get into, incredible fun. Pick up and play, no knowledge of tennis required. This game actually motivated me to join my high school tennis team. That's power.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2- 56 tons of fun. Good party game, even though it can be pretty unbalanced. Anyone who plays as Cable should be kicked in the face with steel toe boots. Final note: Music is A-W-F-U-L, it stinks with a capital S, but don't let that stop you and friends from enjoying a great (button-mashing) game.

Skies of Arcadia- Fun, light hearted RPG, now avaiable on Game Cube! Clichès abound, but it does it with so well that you probably won't even notice or care. The only thing I didn't like was that there were way to many random encouters, though I hear it's been fixed in the GC version. Bottom line---go find a couple reviews, read up, then go out and get it.

Typing of the Dead- Keyboard version of House of the Dead 2. Improves your typing skills while blasting zombies! Comes with numerous mini-games and voice directed instructions that'll take you from novice to a pro "touch typer". This game is loaded with very unique boss battles and senarios. Even if you've mastered House of the Dead 2, this offers a much different spin on game play, you'll swear it's new. I think there's also a PC version, so check that out.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

What other games do you play besides Marathon?Starship Security Officer 4/21/04 6:13 p.m.
     Just Marathon. :-) *NM*Mista_B 4/21/04 8:42 p.m.
     Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?Mark Levin 4/21/04 8:54 p.m.
           Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?goran 4/21/04 10:43 p.m.
     Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?ukimalefu 4/21/04 10:29 p.m.
           Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?Starship Security Officer 4/22/04 4:53 p.m.
                 Amen, brotha!! *NM*K-chi 4/23/04 11:11 a.m.
           Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?Siphonopho 4/23/04 5:20 p.m.
                 I forgot to list my games!Siphonopho 4/23/04 6:39 p.m.
     Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?D-M.A. 4/21/04 11:14 p.m.
           Excuse me for the spelling mistakes, I'm tired :P *NM*D-M.A. 4/21/04 11:18 p.m.
     Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?Anaphiel 4/22/04 1:41 a.m.
     Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?Bob-B-Q 4/22/04 4:51 a.m.
           Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?goran 4/22/04 5:30 a.m.
           Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?Andrew Nagy 4/23/04 4:42 a.m.
                 Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?Bob-B-Q 4/23/04 5:14 a.m.
     Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?the Battle Cat 4/22/04 6:57 a.m.
     Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?mattschenk 4/22/04 12:28 p.m.
     Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?Keith Palmer 4/22/04 12:47 p.m.
           Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?Irritated 4/22/04 8:47 p.m.
                 Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?D-M.A. 4/22/04 10:28 p.m.
     Re: What other games do you play besides Marathon?Me_43 4/22/04 9:59 p.m.
     NETHACK!!Vid Boi 4/23/04 8:19 a.m.
     Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..K-chi 4/23/04 11:00 a.m.
           Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..goran 4/23/04 11:19 a.m.
                 Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..K-chi 4/25/04 9:39 a.m.
                       Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..goran 4/25/04 2:35 p.m.
                             Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..Elliott 4/25/04 5:37 p.m.
                                   Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..goran 4/25/04 10:07 p.m.
                                         Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..K-chi 4/28/04 5:15 p.m.
                                               Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..goran 4/29/04 3:12 p.m.
                                                     Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..A Chinese Austin Powers 4/30/04 2:54 a.m.
                                                           Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..Elliott 4/30/04 8:57 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..the Battle Cat 5/1/04 6:58 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..K-chi 5/1/04 10:17 a.m.
                                                                             Gives battle cat a looong unkind look :P *NM*goran 5/1/04 11:54 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..Elliott 5/1/04 3:10 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..the Battle Cat 5/2/04 6:40 a.m.
                                                                                   7! [no message] *NM*Andrew Nagy 5/3/04 9:21 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game.. *NM*D-M.A. 5/3/04 10:00 a.m.
                                   Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..the Battle Cat 4/26/04 9:21 a.m.
                             Re: Well, looks like goran is testing his game..Yossarian 4/25/04 6:55 p.m.
                                   Re: Well, looks like goran is testing his game..goran 4/25/04 10:06 p.m.
                                         Re: Well, looks like goran is testing his game..A Chinese Austin Powers 4/25/04 10:41 p.m.
                                               Re: Well, looks like goran is testing his game..goran 4/25/04 11:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: Well, looks like goran is testing his game..A Chinese Austin Powers 4/26/04 12:54 a.m.
                                                           Re: Well, looks like goran is testing his game..goran 4/26/04 1:09 a.m.
                                                                 This is getting way to heavy for me =P *NM*Steve Levinson 4/27/04 11:44 a.m.
                                                                       Re: This is getting way to heavy for me =PAdam Ashwell 4/30/04 3:04 a.m.
           Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..Adam Ashwell 4/23/04 11:58 a.m.
           Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..Elliott 4/23/04 1:45 p.m.
           Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..Dylan 4/23/04 3:57 p.m.
           Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..D-M.A. 4/23/04 8:13 p.m.
                 Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..mattschenk 4/24/04 4:36 a.m.
                       Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..Irritated 4/25/04 1:33 p.m.
                             Re: Well, not quite a shoot-em-up game..Andrew Nagy 4/25/04 5:17 p.m.
     Halo *NM*Lt Devon 4/23/04 3:32 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.